Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Achill asylum centre cancelled - mod warning in OP (01/11/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭rgossip30

jay0109 wrote: »
    Don't bother talking to this one on deportations. He/she believes that all deportation orders are carried out....a small few enforced by the State and the rest, 10's of thousands, leave voluntarily when they get the order!

A deportation order can be revoked if the asylum seeker is here more than 5 years .I believe its called the rule that does not exist and is not to be called an amnesty .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Boggles wrote: »
    So 90% of all asylum seekers in the past 20 years are still here?

I know asking for evidence of a claim has suddenly become frowned upon around here and can lead to a sanction.

But I think for such a meaty claim, dare I ask have you evidence to back it up?

Or at least give me an indication of how many are here, must be in excess of 100,000, no?

Where are they?

Bogus claim, less than 5% are seven years or more.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/almost-150-asylum-seekers-living-in-direct-provision-centres-for-at-least-seven-years-918466.html

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

rgossip30 wrote: »
    A deportation order can be revoked if the asylum seeker is here more than 5 years .I believe its called the rule that does not exist and is not to be called an amnesty .

What? :confused:

Sorry lad, if I am going to get on board with your claim that 90% of all asylum seekers from the past 20 years are still in the country, I'll need a little bit more than that.

You may have not have understood 80% of failed asylum seekers get to stay its being going on for over 20 years . I have no idea how many of those remain some may have returned home or gone to the UK.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/80-of-failed-asylum-seekers-stay-5l5nk52cs

i think any reasonable person would annoyed by this ,why they get the label of alt right is ridiculous .The opposition to DP centers maybe the only way for government to take notice .

You may have not have understood 80% of failed asylum seekers get to stay its being going on for over 20 years . I have no idea how many of those remain some may have returned home or gone to the UK.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/80-of-failed-asylum-seekers-stay-5l5nk52cs

Over 20 years you say when the direct provision system is still 19 years young. So 80% get tp stay but you have no idea how many remain.

• Advertisement

Over 20 years you say when the direct provision system is still 19 years young. So 80% get tp stay but you have no idea how many remain.

There are no figures available , leave to remain was also granted before DP in fact there was less control .

There are no figures available , leave to remain was also granted before DP in fact there was less control .

Government stats say otherwise

Government stats say otherwise

You need to link this to prove ,well if you know the number why are you asking ? .I doubt many would want to return home or go the UK where the welfare is less ,leave to remain gives them the right to welfare ,work and housing .

I have no idea how many of those remain some may have returned home or gone to the UK.

You were pretty sure it was 90% an hour ago.

Why would they leave here if they don't have to go home or the UK? :confused:

I mean the "rule" was on their side.
    I believe its called the rule that does not exist

Then again I'm so confused is a rule that doesn't exist a rule and how do you know about it.

:confused:

You were pretty sure it was 90% an hour ago.

Why would they leave here if they don't have to go home or the UK? :confused:

I mean the "rule" was on their side.

Then again I'm so confused is a rule that doesn't exist a rule and how do you know about it.

:confused:

90% fail to get refugee status 80% of those get to sat is that clear enough .I stated in a previos post few would leave anyhow .

https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/sites/homeaffairs/files/14a_ireland_arm_2018_part2_final_en.pdf

Search for the 5 year rule on revoking deportation orders . The rule that does not exist was a joke among the legals as its an amnesty in disguise .

• Advertisement

90% fail to get refugee status 80% of those get to sat is that clear enough .

No, not at all.

What status entitles them to stay for 20 years?

You have offered zero evidence so far to back up the claim, so to be fair I can only assume one thing.

No, not at all.

What status entitles them to stay for 20 years?

Leave to Remain .

Leave to Remain .

Excellent.

Now could you provide citation of your claim that 80% of all asylum seekers in the past 20 years have been granted indefinite leave to remain in Ireland?

Excellent.

Now could you provide citation of your claim that 80% of all asylum seekers in the past 20 years have been granted indefinite leave to remain in Ireland?

What is this teachers question time . You can apply for citizenship after 5 years on leave to remain.

What is this teachers question time

Okay fair enough, you made it up.

As you were lad.

Okay fair enough, you made it up.

As you were lad.

Trolling rubbish

Trolling rubbish

I imagine you are.

But to the quote the royal honorable gentlemen in the opening gambit.
    However if the poster does not provide backup then please move on. Readers of the threads can make up their own minds on the credentials of posters and any perceived "facts" they spout.

So we'll leave it there.

I imagine you are.

But to the quote the royal honorable gentlemen in the opening gambit.

So we'll leave it there.

I backed up all statements .

https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/sites/homeaffairs/files/14a_ireland_arm_2018_part2_final_en.pdf

A person granted leave to remain can apply for citizenship after 5 years .

You are fooling around that is no where near debate plain trolling yes leave it at that .

I backed up all statements .

A person granted leave to remain can apply for citizenship after 5 years .

You are fooling around that is no where near debate plain trolling yes leave it at that .

Your claim as 80% of asylum seekers in the past 20 years were granted Leave to Remain.

You were unable to back it up, because it isn't true.

Have a good day sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

It really is mind-boggling (not just Boggle's boggling and needless circling questioning), but the actual difficulty in removing failed cases:

Options exist such as :
    Not declared a refugee: Be given IPO anyway. I.e. "Ah sure, ll'be grand like"
    Not given IPO: Be given 'right to remain' anyway. I.e. "Ah sure, ll'be grand like"

1dOQ5aI.png

At very worst, (after expensive lengthy appeals, reviews and case passed around), you'll get a 'letter' asking "nicely" to depart, (if you don't mind too much) good sir/madam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Excellent.

You and other posters are playing a game of schrodingers migrant here.

The government doesnt release leave to remain stats,

What we do know is that we are averaging over 3000 asylum applications a year and have been for a decade , we are averaging under 500 deportation orders a year.

That doesnt take in to account those overstaying visas coming in or those paying traffickers to come in under the radar.

Sp what all the statistics prove is thousands of people are coming in , a few hundred are leaving and you/ other posters expect us to believe all the others have just left volountarily rather than the most obvious answer that theyre still here illegally or with leave to remain.

If I put 100 golf balls in a box , watch 20 of them be taken ouf, the batural conclusion is not that 80 of them escaped through a hole in the box I cant see

You and other posters are playing a game of schrodingers migrant here.

I ain't lad.

A claim was made that 80% of asylum seekers in the past 20 years were granted remain to stay.

I merely asked for the evidence of such a claim, I don't think that is unfair or unreasonable.

It's essentially just good manners isn't it?

Your claim as 80% of asylum seekers in the past 20 years were granted Leave to Remain.

You were unable to back it up, because it isn't true.

Have a good day sir.

I showed a link to prove this and its 80% of failed asylum seekers get Leave to Remain. You have shown no proof of your counter claim its poor debating and just trolling .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

60,000 have been through DP now Dp doesn't account for asylum seekers,

We know 1800 got deportated that leaves another 58,000 + that were not deported or left as claimed by several poster's.
    And we have one of the highest refusal rates in the EU

So how many failed asylum seekers still here?
    well apparently the majority of them are still here evidence is produced to prove otherwise they are still here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

I ain't lad.

A claim was made that 80% of asylum seekers in the past 20 years were granted remain to stay.

I merely asked for the evidence of such a claim, I don't think that is unfair or unreasonable.

It's essentially just good manners isn't it?

What would people who address strangers as 'lad', in that very second-rate way that some people are prone to do, know about good manners ?

Gatling wrote: »
    60,000 have been through DP now Dp doesn't account for asylum seekers,

We know 1800 got deportated that leaves another 58,000 + that were not deported or left as claimed by several poster's.
    And we have one of the highest refusal rates in the EU

So how many failed asylum seekers still here?
    well apparently the majority of them are still here evidence is produced to prove otherwise they are still here

Going by your maths. 58,000, it says it in your post.

Where are they?

I'll check my corn flakes in the morn, could be one hiding in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭lalababa

What would people who address strangers as 'lad', in that very second-rate way that some people are prone to do, know about good manners ?

Yep , lad , kid, pal , etc.

Where are they?

I'll check my corn flakes in the morn, could be one hiding in there.

You dont get out often , try it sometime or better still count your cornflakes son it might be more constructive than your posts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Where are they?

Living across 26 counties , hundreds of towns , villages and cities

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    Living across 26 counties , hundreds of towns , villages and cities

Evenly as in 2030ish per county or is there more concentrated pockets of them? Where?

Also I can't imagine failed asylum seekers lasting long without detection in a small village.

Genuine question, how do you know all this. Who told you?

Advertisement