Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1070 HKC Intruder alarm panel

Options
  • 31-10-2019 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I recently got quoted for an HKC alarm for my house, my question is would the 1070 alarm panel be the newest alarm panel? Or is there a better one that supercedes it?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

EletricMan wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I recently got quoted for an HKC alarm for my house, my question is would the 1070 alarm panel be the newest alarm panel? Or is there a better one that supercedes it?

There is always a “better” and “newer” panel :)
    The question is do you want to be the guinea pig that uses a panel that has not proved itself that is difficult to get parts for?

The HKC is a very popular panel that would meet the needs of most. There are alternatives that you will most likely be satisfied with too but as they are not as popular prices will most likely be less competitive.

Many with a commercial interest will argue until the cows come home about which panel is best.

If you really want something different with powerful home automation look at CYTech comfort alarms on the IOT forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

2011 wrote: »
    There is always a “better” and “newer” panel :)

If you really want something different with powerful home automation look at CYTech comfort alarms on the IOT forum.

Does that system conform with EN 50131 ?

EletricMan wrote: »
    Hi guys,

If it is the HKC one it is called the 10/270, they changed the name after some competitor decided to call their offering a 10/70.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

kub wrote: »
    Does that system conform with EN 50131 ?

Same answer as before, yes.
    These systems also comply with PD6662.
    A quick Google will confirm this.

• Advertisement

2011 wrote: »
    Same answer as before, yes.
    These systems also comply with PD6662.
    A quick Google will confirm this.

Apologies, you have a better memory than me ;)
    I will take your word for it, no need for google.

Advertisement