Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F**king 203 bus!

Options
  • 31-10-2019 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Sold my car recently and am on the buses. Usually the 203 Southside to to town. And I have to say , what a f**king disgrace. Worst is phantom buses. Otherwise late/early.
    Some of the drivers are assholes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭lalababa

The 8:15 & the 8:45 didn't show up, and the 9;15 driver was abusive towards me without me even opening my mouth. All this in the rain. I'll be going back to the car asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The driver was abusive? In what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The driver was abusive? In what way?

He called him a bus wanker. Cork bus drivers have little self awareness in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Drivers clearly aren't trained. They surely can't sign up to any service level agreement.

All down to management not caring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Also newly recruited 62 year old female bus drivers blowing away the wall at the entrance to Capwell. I went for a job with them in the summer and was refused. I’m an ex coach driver in the private sector already. Thing is when you’re unionised you feel immortal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭lalababa

Yera, I'm only on the shanks mare for the last two weeks, but there is defo something rotten in the state of Denmark. I suppose they have too much power with unions & strikes & such. But sure leave em at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Far from exclsuive to the number 3. Was stood on patricks St plenty times at a stop for the 214 and the monitor would say 4 minutes for 15 minutes before going back to 10 minutes etc.

Google maps tracker is pretty much always wrong too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

bot43 wrote:
    Far from exclsuive to the number 3. Was stood on patricks St plenty times at a stop for the 214 and the monitor would say 4 minutes for 15 minutes before going back to 10 minutes etc.

208 is fab (big smile)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

lalababa wrote:
    Sold my car recently and am on the buses. Usually the 203 Southside to to town. And I have to say , what a f**king disgrace. Worst is phantom buses. Otherwise late/early. Some of the drivers are assholes.[/quothavw to agree ref rude drivers,,,,most are really good but the odd *****r destroys the rest of them

• Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Also newly recruited 62 year old female bus drivers blowing away the wall at the entrance to Capwell. I went for a job with them in the summer and was refused. I’m an ex coach driver in the private sector already. Thing is when you’re unionised you feel immortal

CIE is a day care centre for individuals who can't handle a shopping trolley let alone a bus. All about who you know on the inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I know 2 lads who started in the summer no previous expierence and seemed too walk in? Was she driving in or out when she took the wall away? Much of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

I use the 203 regularly for work. It's completely unreliable. The phantom buses are the worst. Buses just not arriving -not because they are late, they just dont exist. This is a daily occurence.
    I don't drive and don't mind walking but if you were totally dependent on the 203, you'd be fu&*ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Every time a bus doesn't show, an email should be sent to Martin Walsh.

Advertisement