Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sell a US Amazon gift card

Options
  • 01-11-2019 5:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

Was gifted 150$ Amazon gift card but can't use it on co.uk and I would lose half the value when import shipping factored in. Any places I can sell this? Any boardsies who are US based can give decent discount.? Not sure best forum to post

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

could you use addresspal or something to have it delivered?

might be cheaper than the standard shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Plenty of items on amazon USA for delivery here with duty and taxes all included.

I buy harnesses and accessories for my dogs and tax/duty/delivery adds about $5. The trick is to look for small items that are easily shipped and part of amazon global shipping program.

Amazon do all the clearing and duty/vat payment, so no surprises or fees when it is delivered.

Simply login to amazon.com with the same login details of .co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

If you're into reading, you could use the balance to buy ebooks to read on a Kindle or a Kindle app on any other device.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If you're into reading, you could use the balance to buy ebooks to read on a Kindle or a Kindle app on any other device.

Problem there is if you are in Ireland you'll get redirected to UK as your Kindle store. Years back .com was the Ireland kindle store but that changed when the UK site started shipping kindles to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Cabaal wrote: »
    Problem there is if you are in Ireland you'll get redirected to UK as your Kindle store. Years back .com was the Ireland kindle store but that changed when the UK site started shipping kindles to Ireland.

Maybe it’s because I set mine up before that change you mention was initiated but I continue to use a US Amazon account for my kindle and top up in dollars all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

How much you selling it for ;)

Advertisement