Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What laptop to choose?

Options
  • 01-11-2019 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

Im looking to buy my GF a laptop for Christmas that she will mainly use for work and for college 1 or 2 evenings a week.

She wont be running any major programs so I think an i5 processor, 8GB of ram and a 256GB SSD would be loads.

Im caught between two laptops and hoping you can point out the pros and cons of each from the comparison below in the link.

Thank you all.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/s_action/compare/10192179-10197873.html

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The resolution on the Lenovo is horrible. My work laptop is that resolution and it's not nice to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

I have that HP and it's a good little machine, quiet , fast and not too heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Yeah as above from those two I'd go with the hp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

The hp has better battery, better bluetooth, better screen, is lighter and has usb-c. Only pro the lenovo has is that the screen is bigger, but thats not a pro really at that resolution.

Advertisement