Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ok!! Here's a good one for ya!!

• 01-11-2019 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Recently got some painting done in the house by a family member, done a really good job as well, however : ) when doing the skirting board's he PAINTED over the fibre/ phone master socket, i didn't spot it for a few days, and now everything is set SOLID.
    Is there anywhere i can buy a new front plate for the master socket.
    thanks guys,

apophis32

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭kaahooters

apophis32 wrote: »
    done a really good job as well,

no he didnt.

can you not use some white sprites to clean off the paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭apophis32

HaHa, lol ya! maybe i heaped to much praise there, being that he is family.

ya! might try white spirits, if that don't work maybe a different kind of spirit for my self ; )
    Would rather a new front plate now anyway, if they are available.
    apophis32

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Depends on what's it like insied are the wires healed on by screws or pushed on with a tool. Trip to woodies or electrical wholesaler should easily sort it. The phone socket is an RJ11 connector

https://www.eurosales.ie/categories.html?name=RJ11&type=simple

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭apophis32

hi spaceHopper,
    ya! thats the jack alright, one side for the fritz!box modem, other side (not used) for phone line.
    Just need to swap out the front plate on the master socket.

apophis32.

Advertisement