Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatal RTC in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

There are a number of posts online where people have retweeted historical complaints they've made to politicians about the speed of truck traffic and particularly construction vehicles on that stretch, complaints that were ignored.

The proverbial accident waiting to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

<snip>

Mod note: this is a condolences only thread. Someone has died, it is not the time or space for advice to 'cyclists' or speculation on this poor person's death.
    Respond by PM only, do not respond in thread.

Any further non condolences will be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Desperately sad news. RIP to the cyclist - my thoughts are with his family.

Protected cycle lanes are well over due in this country. How many more are going to die before they are provided???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭secman

For Gods sake... a mere 18 years old. Always get a sick feeling when i hear or read about a cyclist fatality. Terrible just terrible.
    May he rest in peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,233 ✭✭✭plodder

Truly awful. RIP and condolences to his family. I just hope the gardai get to the bottom of what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

That's horrible enough but 18 was probably going to school or college,bless his family and the driver so very very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Very sad and so young - RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Wish I could have made it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

RIP poor poor young person. Such a horrendous tragedy.
    Didn't know about the vigil or I would have gone.

What a tragic waste of a life. And so young. I can't image what their family or friends are feeling right now.
    Sincere condolences to their family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Passed by the scene at 11am on my bike, said alittle prayer. Extremely sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

eeeee wrote: »
    RIP poor poor young person. Such a horrendous tragedy.
    Didn't know about the vigil or I would have gone.

What a tragic waste of a life. And so young. I can't image what their family or friends are feeling right now.
    Sincere condolences to their family and friends.

According to the Irish Times he has yet to be identified :(

According to the Irish Times he has yet to be identified :(

I read that too.
    How horrible being the parent/partner/friend/family member of an 18 year old young man tonight and waiting for them to get home tonight, it's absolutely fcuking horrendous.
    R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

R.I.P.
    Construction trucks have figured heavily in RTC cyclist deaths in Dublin city in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭tnegun

Ah god 18 :(:(:( RIP young man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Rest in peace, and deep sympathies to those who loved this man. As far as I know the Gardaí haven't been able to identify him yet, as he was carrying no ID. They are asking for any video footage people may have from the time of the crash.

The Mace shop outside which it happened, at the Rialto gate of St James's, is accepting condolence cards for his family - several were dropped in by local people and cyclists during the vigil last night.

Rechuchote wrote: »
    Rest in peace, and deep sympathies to those who loved this man. As far as I know the Gardaí haven't been able to identify him yet, as he was carrying no ID.

Oh no this is terrible. I wonder could he be from abroad and his family have no idea that he is dead?

RIP

I keep thinking about the family and friends waiting for him.
    It must be absolutely heartbreaking.
    And the 20 minute window of the accident happening, with no one to call his name at the end.
    Absolutely heartbreaking.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 124 ✭✭Dark sun

https://road.cc/content/news/268209-petition-urges-action-over-death-trap-london-road-after-cyclist-killed

Seen this happened in the UK on south circular road Thursday very strange. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

The man has been identified. Heartbreaking.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/cyclist-killed-in-dublin-was-full-of-life-and-loved-cycling-1.4070754?mode=amp

“He was very enthusiastic about cycling. He started recently cycling to the office and he loved it, he really enjoyed it.”

He added: “We really want Ireland to do something about the safety of cyclists. We don’t want any other family to have to go through this. It’s devastating.”

R.I.P. Neeraj

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭positron

Absolutely devastating news. RIP to Neeraj Jain. He and I have similar backgrounds and this hits hard in so many levels, absolute tragedy.

Peregrine wrote: »
    The man has been identified. Heartbreaking.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/cyclist-killed-in-dublin-was-full-of-life-and-loved-cycling-1.4070754?mode=amp

“He was very enthusiastic about cycling. He started recently cycling to the office and he loved it, he really enjoyed it.”

He added: “We really want Ireland to do something about the safety of cyclists. We don’t want any other family to have to go through this. It’s devastating.”

R.I.P. Neeraj

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Really tragic.

RIP Neeraj

Advertisement