Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vivaro radio problem

• 01-11-2019 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi, I recently bought an '07 Opel Vivaro and I can only get one radio station, with very bad reception. There's no response when I press the buttons to select stations, change frequency, etc. I've just changed the battery, and I thought it needed to be recoded after that, but apparently not. It does work without being recoded, but only with the one station. I don't know how well it worked before I changed the battery, because the aerial was broken. This is my first time trying the radio. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

aa_ wrote: »
    ..because the aerial was broken..

Replace the aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 aa_

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Replace the aerial.

I've already replaced the aerial. It makes no difference.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

When you replaced the aerial was it replaced from the roof to the back of the radio? If so, the fault is in the radio itself & you’d probably be best replacing that, or bringing it to a car accessory shop & getting it repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 aa_

TherapyBoy wrote: »
      When you replaced the aerial was it replaced from the roof to the back of the radio? If so, the fault is in the radio itself & you’d probably be best replacing that, or bringing it to a car accessory shop & getting it repaired.

I only replaced the part on the roof, it was broken by ladders being carried, and there's no reason to believe anything else was damaged. So it's probably the radio itself.

1. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Look up the manual online and make sure you're doing the tuning properly.

2. Advertisement
    Advertisement