Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Hosting price UK vs IRL

Options
  • 01-11-2019 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

I am seeing very cheap VPS web hosting in the UK. I am currently paying €79 per month for a VPS in Ireland with 2CPU and 4GB ram. I am seeing wayyy cheaper web hosters in the UK with much better specs then my VPS is offering for 1/4 of the price. :confused:

Anyone hosting their websites on UK servers ? I have an Irish online business, would people think negatively or would it impact me in any way by having my site hosted on UK servers ?

I feel I am being ripped off with the €79 a mount for a simple enough package :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

99.9% of people wouldn't know/care where the site is hosted. If its a reputable hosting company and cheaper then go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

A lot of businesses in Ireland rent servers abroad because the prices are lower. So say if you have email with a company down the road they are using servers in UK for hosting your email even though they say it's a local business.

Personally I'm tired of the old hosting methodology, building servers and stuff.
    Today I only use Google Cloud's App Engine.

Youtube "Google Cloud Platform on a shoestring budget (Google I/O '18)"

If you know the Illuminati handshake you can also get your email hosted for free by Google with your .com domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Str4ngeBr3w

I've been using two BT web servers for the last twelve years, admittedly not VPS.. These were free to sign up for back then and I believe they're starting to phase them out next year which is a shame :-(

As for the comparison, yes the Irish servers are probably more expensive but that's just the norm for where we live. There will be no problems using a UK VPS server (until Brexit maybe!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

VPS seem to be a tad expensive in general, depending on needs, mind sharing company you found ? as for hosting or shared hosting something like namecheap is dirt cheap and has proper support etc, even if need cheap domains.

as first user responded most wouldn't care let alone know the difference.

Advertisement