Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary Teacher Payslip - deduction

• 01-11-2019 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone know what the "illness benefit ded" deduction is about on my payslip? Its a pretty sizeable amount.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

have you spoken to your payroll dept? pretty obvious what it is. what it means only they can tell you accurately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

There has been a change since September in how teachers are paid during sick leave. When it reaches 6? days I think, you always had to send off some form to social welfare to claim illness benefit. But you used to still be paid full wages from DES and they recouped the illness benefit from DES. Now you have your wages deducted and you claim from social welfare directly.

Were you out sick? Could this be it? I'm not 100% on the above details, but that's the jist, as I've never actually been out sick that many days on the old system or the new, but I have heard the changes discussed at a recent TUI meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

There has been a change since September in how teachers are paid during sick leave. When it reaches 6? days I think, you always had to send off some form to social welfare to claim illness benefit. But you used to still be paid full wages from DES and they recouped the illness benefit from DES. Now you have your wages deducted and you claim from social welfare directly.

Were you out sick? Could this be it? I'm not 100% on the above details, but that's the jist, as I've never actually been out sick that many days on the old system or the new, but I have heard the changes discussed at a recent TUI meeting.

This was it, needed to apply separately to the Social Welfare for sick leave, was unaware of the change in policy

Advertisement