Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do when someone hits your car while opening their car door?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

always try to get a pic of the insurance disk

then
    the insurance will send an assesor who will advise them to pay up and what to pay up ( or not )

in my case the asshole was on same insurance as i was so
    they dragged and lowballed and asked for loads of evidence

when i sent them dash cam copy they caved in rapidly
    always try to nail down cctv to be saved or a witness if possible if no dash cam
    then go to guards and record the incident ( make sure your papers are in order before this ; ))

if all you have is a reg plate then tell the guard its a hit and run and ask for their details / number etc.
    they will contact the person and get deatils for you and tell them it is a crime unless they make contact

insurance company will be able to get this from a reg as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Happened me a few years ago in super valu. Usually try and park in a ‘sensible spot’. Went over to post a letter and came back. Usually have a habit of checking doors of the cars beside me aren’t the same as when I parked.

Anyways when I parked there was no one beside me and when I came back there was one on my passenger side. Took a look and a big door mark spanning 18 inches or so so the force to make that much contact must have been considerable. Waited a few minutes and a woman came back to the car. Asked her if she hit my door. Denied it. Chanced my arm and said I have a witness and she flipped. Said the wind caught it and it was barely anything. I said I’m gonna have to get it done. Immediately she called the guards. Said I was being unreasonable. Guards came, didn’t want to know about it, actually suggested I was over reacting. The paint was gone, right through to the metal.

Anyway , stuck to my guns, guards took both our details including insurance and swapped them. The mark of her door lined up perfectly with the scratch and her door was missing paint along the edge. Long story short, assessor came to look at my car a week or so later. Got car repaired. Bill would have been €780.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭Markcheese

gzoladz wrote: »
    This is a very simple yet great idea!

The problem is though, say you get soft edges on the door of your new car, it's not directly protecting your car, in fact you're actually paying to protect other people's cars..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

gzoladz wrote: »
    This is a very simple yet great idea!

It's available on Fords.

https://youtu.be/iib8F0XSg18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

Happened me a few years ago in super valu. Usually try and park in a ‘sensible spot’. Went over to post a letter and came back. Usually have a habit of checking doors of the cars beside me aren’t the same as when I parked.

was this in sundrive / kimmage ?

if so i hear you .... its a cluster f*ck of door bangers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

DaDumTish wrote: »
    was this in sundrive / kimmage ?

if so i hear you .... its a cluster f*ck of door bangers

No in Kilkenny , Loughboy super valu

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

No in Kilkenny , Loughboy super valu

An awful car park that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement