Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In excel, cursor moves across cells but it doesn’t move what I can view on screen

Options
  • 01-11-2019 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

So I can only see the top corner of my excel spreadsheet. If I move my cursor it moves off screen and I can’t view the rest of the spreadsheet.

Anyone able to fix this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

It’s not scroll lock as that is what google keeps suggesting

Would really appreciate a quick answer if anyone knows..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭funnyname

Dots1982 wrote: »
    It’s not scroll lock as that is what google keeps suggesting

Would really appreciate a quick answer if anyone knows..

Picture would be handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Freeze panes?

Or rather unfreeze panes.

Freeze panes?

Or rather unfreeze panes.

Nah it’s not freeze panes. I tried that. I freezed panes and unfreezed even to see if that made a difference but it didn’t.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Oldie put a goldie - did you close and restart?

Is there a really wide column in there somewhere? Wider than the screen?

As before, screenshot would be handy

• Advertisement

funnyname wrote: »
    Picture would be handy

Ah it’s fairly simple without a picture. When I press the cursor keys they move around the spreadsheet but when I move it out of the range of what’s viewable on the screen the view doesn’t change. It just stays the same as the cursor moves off screen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭funnyname

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Ah it’s fairly simple without a picture. When I press the cursor keys they move around the spreadsheet but when I move it out of the range of what’s viewable on the screen the view doesn’t change. It just stays the same as the cursor moves off screen

To fix this issue, you just need to turn off Scroll Lock. Look for the "ScrLk" key on your keyboard and press it once to disable Scroll Lock.

funnyname wrote: »
    To fix this issue, you just need to turn off Scroll Lock. Look for the "ScrLk" key on your keyboard and press it once to disable Scroll Lock.

Seems to be working although now it works with scroll lock on or off so god only knows but I’ll give you the credit. Danke.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I thought you said it definitely wasn't scroll lock?

Advertisement