Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving on English plates

• 02-11-2019 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Should I display things in the window even though I have no discs? I plan on driving to Dublin tomorrow but just want to avoid any hardship Incase I get stopped

I have all the documentation in the car including

MOT Cert can’t transfer to NCT until VRT is complete.

V5 and sale invoice for proof of ownership

Insurance policy statement of facts as I can’t get disc until VRT is complete. Closest date was 12th November for VRT.

VRT receipt to show the VRT is booked.

These documents are in the glove box.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Should I display things in the window even though I have no discs? I plan on driving to Dublin tomorrow but just want to avoid any hardship Incase I get stopped

I have all the documentation in the car including

MOT Cert can’t transfer to NCT until VRT is complete.

V5 and sale invoice for proof of ownership

Insurance policy statement of facts as I can’t get disc until VRT is complete. Closest date was 12th November for VRT.

VRT receipt to show the VRT is booked.

These documents are in the glove box.

You're fine.
    Drive on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

My advice would be: Don't park anywhere where traffic wardens are about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I'm in the same boat
    Relax. You have 7 days to book a VRT appointment and a further 21 days to get the car VRTd.

Once you are insured there should be no issue.

I got a bike in from Belgium in the summer that had no plates.
    F*ckwits in Blarney NCt kept messing me about so it took a month to vrt it.
    After calling there a few times I ended up getting it done in Waterford.
    Of course,having no plate on the bike meant there were checkpoints everywhere I went. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

blade1 wrote: »
    F*ckwits in Blarney NCt kept messing me about so it took a month to vrt it.

What problems did you have with them? When I brought my car in from the UK a few years ago, I just made the VRT inspection appointment online and went there on the day, zero hassle.

• Advertisement

What problems did you have with them? When I brought my car in from the UK a few years ago, I just made the VRT inspection appointment online and went there on the day, zero hassle.

First day fair enough system was down so told call back to make payment and was told no I need appointment.
    Cue a few more bookings either at a time they were on a lunch break or half an hour before closing.( No payments taken half hour before closing)
    Then refusing to give me an appointment telling me I don't need one.
    I live 70km from blarney NCT and 70km from Waterford NCT so besides all that had to take a few half days off work and not to mention fuel costs.

When the guy in Waterford asked me why I had so many problems,I told him and he said the minute I leave he is putting in a complaint and that what a disgrace to do that.
    Gave me the impression he was well used to hearing about their antics.
    Won't be going to Blarney again.
    Bunch of ****.
    Although the lad that dealt with me the first that the system was down seemed like a sound fella.
    I heard plenty more about them as well.

Advertisement