Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir connection keeps dropping

• 02-11-2019 9:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭

Got eir in recently and bb keeps dropping randomly. I’m still using my sky router as f2000 range is awful with speeds I’m getting. Never had this issue with sky. Don’t need to restart router to get connection back just returns after a short time but it’s very annoying.

I’ve logged a fault with eir but any suggestions what’s the issue?

Outside 14 days but if keep logging faults can you break the contract?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Trampas wrote: »
    Got eir in recently and bb keeps dropping randomly. I’m still using my sky router as f2000 range is awful with speeds I’m getting. Never had this issue with sky. Don’t need to restart router to get connection back just returns after a short time but it’s very annoying.

I’ve logged a fault with eir but any suggestions what’s the issue?

Outside 14 days but if keep logging faults can you break the contract?
    Eir won't support your issue with a Sky router. Also, the Sky router is hard configured to use Sky login details (not the default eircom@eircom.net ones) and I'm surprised you are even connecting to the internet, this is likely the issue (authentication drops).

Switch back to the F2000 temporarily and see if it keeps dropping. You are better off getting a new 3rd party router for better Wi-Fi range, I had an AC1200 below with Eir before and it's excellent.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Connections-Infinity-Archer-VR400/dp/B01LFGTEI6/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Trampas

Update.

They sent me out a new router but f3000 which has a much better range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Update.

They sent me out a new router but f3000 which has a much better range

Does it?
    We are still trying to figure out what hardware the f3000 is based on as I don't think anyone on here has received on yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

Can u post pics of the new router?

degsie wrote: »
    Can u post pics of the new router?

Sorry only getting back now

Still dropping and saying a fault in line but I could be charged €150 for it

• Advertisement

Typical Eir rep sending out a router to try and close the case rather than finding out what's really wrong.
    When you say you could be charged €150 is that the call out charge if they come to test and there is no fault with the line?

tuxy wrote: »
    Typical Eir rep sending out a router to try and close the case rather than finding out what's really wrong.
    When you say you could be charged €150 is that the call out charge if they come to test and there is no fault with the line?

It was the online chat. If it’s nothing to do with their equipment or damage to their equipment. Only item I’ve used is their router.

Chat like was like is pc or laptop connected using an Ethernet cable. As if that’s got to do with it. Then it was is there a splitter. Finally he goes I see a fault in line.

I know someone in eir so will give them a shout on Monday

Chat like was like is pc or laptop connected using an Ethernet cable. As if that’s got to do with it. Then it was is there a splitter.

To be fair the vast majority of people calling technical support have WIFI issues. They don't even see it as broadband into the home they think they are ordering WIFI when they sign up. WIFI issues are the first thing that should be eliminated from tests.

tuxy wrote: »
    To be fair the vast majority of people calling technical support have WIFI issues. They don't even see it as broadband into the home they think they are ordering WIFI when they sign up. WIFI issues are the first thing that should be eliminated from tests.

I explained at the start that sync and internet lights were off before he said about what was connected.

It works away for a while and then goes through a phase. It’s like to many people on the exchange. I don’t and can’t get fibre. Max speed is 50mb

I explained at the start that sync and internet lights were off before he said about what was connected.

It works away for a while and then goes through a phase. It’s like to many people on the exchange. I don’t and can’t get fibre. Max speed is 50mb

Doesn't sound like too many people on the exchange, that would just result in slower speeds. Losing sync probably is a faulty phone line. Eir reps have a script they have to go through no matter what info the customer has given them, they have the worst customers service out of all providers. Unfortunately it can take a very long time to even get simple issues solved.

• Advertisement

All resolved. Port issue in exchange

Advertisement