Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Po box as a business address

Options
  • 02-11-2019 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

My home residence is my business address, I don't actually work from the house since I have an online business. I currently list my home address on my website but somtimes people show up at my house thinking I am a shop front. I don't want this and it's starting to bother me. Can I use a PO Box address as a business address for my online business ? Cheques and any other mail can be sent there instead ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭sidcon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Just to note that suppliers don’t like sending invoices to P.O. Boxes. You can’t sue a P.O. Box if you don’t pay so they’ll want a real address.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,071 ✭✭✭joeguevara

If it suits you can use a serviced office for mail and they will redirect. Might look better than a PO box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

sidcon wrote: »

That might work out quite expensive, I will look into it in more detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

mondeo wrote: »
    My home residence is my business address, I don't actually work from the house since I have an online business. I currently list my home address on my website but somtimes people show up at my house thinking I am a shop front. I don't want this and it's starting to bother me. Can I use a PO Box address as a business address for my online business ? Cheques and any other mail can be sent there instead ?

Thanks.

As a consumer one of the things I avoid when shopping online is stores with PO boxes. Even if they have a good price I avoid them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

This req might apply....

http://www.odce.ie/Portals/0/EasyDNNNewsDocuments/178/Article_September_03-09_2007.pdf
    ODCE monitoring new email and website requirements The Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement (ODCE) has commenced a programme of monitoring compliance with the new disclosure requirements for e-communications and websites which were introduced in Ireland on 1 April. From that date, information such as the company's name and legal form, its place of incorporation, the company number and the address of its registered office must be displayed both on e-communications as well as in a prominent location on the company's website. The law applies to every limited liability company in Ireland, as well as across the European Union. The ODCE is to communicate with a selection of non-compliant companies pointing out the legal requirements, and will consider enforcement action against relevant companies later in the year. Commenting at the launch of the Information Notice issued by his Office on this matter, Director of Corporate Enforcement Paul Appleby stated that “Companies will need to ensure that ... their websites disclose all the necessary information. In addition companies may need to look at the information contained in their emails and other electronic forms of communication to ensure it also complies with these new requirements. I accordingly urge companies and their staff to take steps immediately to assess the extent to which they are already in compliance with the new requirements.” The Information Notice (I/2007/2) is available on the ODCE website, www.odce.ie.

Advertisement