Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ALL - WEATHER BETS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

3rd and 4th in the last , -5pts today . On to tomorrow ....

Staked : 335pts
    Returned : 279.5pts

Mar 5

6.00 Nwc -
    CHITRA 8/1

First race at Southwell , having a token bet on Red Jasper , still 3lb above winning mark but gets Ben Curtis and tries the surface for the first time . He’s probably up against it but related to a fibresand winner , speculative 12/1 .

The race that Red Jasper won (class 6 over 7f at Newcastle) was nothing that spectacular but he ran well having missed the break and the 2nd and 3rd that day are out again tonight in the 8.00 . Both are getting a point ... GWEEDORE 12/1 ... first run since , off the same mark and ZUCKERBERG 25/1 ... dropped a potentially handy 8lb since .

Limited evidence tbh but there’s US pedigree hope that Kentuckyconnection will take to the surface on
    his fibresand debut in the 3.45. Trainer has hit the target lately too . 1pt @ 10/1

The only other bet today , CHITRA has been steady around 8/1 , 9/1 all morning , drops in grade and won on her only other start here . She’s by Sea The Moon who has a cracking strike rate here.

That’s the lot for today ... Chelmsford , Wolverhampton , El Paso and a listed race in France to get stuck into tomorrow ...

Good luck

Mar 5

3.45 Sou -
    KENTUCKYCONNECTION 10/1

6.00 Nwc -
    CHITRA 8/1

8.00 Nwc -
    ZUCKERBERG 25/1
    GWEEDORE 12/1

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

get in jasper!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

MaxBet wrote: »
    First race at Southwell , having a token bet on Red Jasper , still 3lb above winning mark but gets Ben Curtis and tries the surface for the first time . He’s probably up against it but related to a fibresand winner , speculative 12/1 .

The race that Red Jasper won (class 6 over 7f at Newcastle) was nothing that spectacular but he ran well having missed the break and the 2nd and 3rd that day are out again tonight in the 8.00 . Both are getting a point ... GWEEDORE 12/1 ... first run since , off the same mark and ZUCKERBERG 25/1 ... dropped a potentially handy 8lb since .

Limited evidence tbh but there’s US pedigree hope that Kentuckyconnection will take to the surface on
    his fibresand debut in the 3.45. Trainer has hit the target lately too . 1pt @ 10/1

The only other bet today , CHITRA has been steady around 8/1 , 9/1 all morning , drops in grade and won on her only other start here . She’s by Sea The Moon who has a cracking strike rate here.

That’s the lot for today ... Chelmsford , Wolverhampton , El Paso and a listed race in France to get stuck into tomorrow ...

Good luck

Followed you on RJ. Nice one, thanks

Ended up around .75pts on Red Jasper (aftertime alert) so a nice win even if it doesn’t do anything for the thread P&L .
    Hopefully it’s a boost for the chances of the 2 that run later on though .

Kentuckyconnection was a frustrating one , raced 3 wide and wasn’t put into the race soon enough . He gave him only 2 slaps in the straight and horse responded well both times . Not an advocate of kicking the belly out of one that has no chance but he would’ve gotten up today under a more forceful ride .
    Very nice fibresand debut tbf but the price most likely screwed for next time . Bloody jockeys .

I’m off to tell Joe Fanning how to ride a horse in the next

Ah Joe , not like that ffs .

Easy from the armchair this is ...

Ex Irish horse in the 6.30 , Mia Mento might go well at a short price for a trainer who gets winners here . I think that Glenamoy Lad is decent enough so I’ll probably dutch the pair on the exchange for pennies , maybe a cheeky forecast on top . Cam Hardie rides well and his one a big danger , I Know How .
    (That’s the top 3 covered , surely I’ve mentioned a winner in all the ramblings ....)

Encoded in the last will probably pop up over CD at some point , hopefully not tonight though . He’s a nice enough price but I’ll give him the swerve this time

The Frenchie for tomorrow is DILALA in the 2.00 if forecast prices are available .

Have most of the homework done for tomorrow’s exertions but no bets on yet , put them up when I’m on later tonight or in the morning , depending on how the mood is after United game ...

Cheers and good luck

Mar 6

4.45 Cfd -
    BULLINGTON BOY 16/1

7.30 Wol -
    J’OUVERT 18/1
    BEATBYBEATBYBEAT 20/1

8.30 Wol -
    IT MUST BE FAITH 9/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Northern Surprise gets up tonight ;)

Swerving him today so he probably will do .....

Are you backing ??

Staked : 343pts

Mar 7

3.55 Wol -
    LETHAL TALENT 10/1

Mar 7

7.00 Cfd -
    LADY ALAVESA 8/1

That’s most likely it until Kempton and Wolverhampton on Monday . Good luck

2nd and 3rd , -2pts for the day .

Mar 9

3.40 Kem -
    BROUGHTONS SUNPEARL 9/1

5.40 Wol -
    LUCKY LODGE 17/2

Going against my own rules and dipping below the 7/1 mark

3.05 Kem -
    TAKEONEFORTHETEAM 13/2

Won’t get to keep an eye on the market this morning . Good luck

Will update p&l when I get a minute ...

Mar 10

2.25 Sou -
    PARA MIO 9/1

4.25 Sou -
    GLORY OF PARIS 12/1
    ROBERO 17/2

6.45 Nwc -
    GLOBAL ART 9/1
    CHAMPAGNE RULES 8/1

Bets up a bit later than usual given the week that’s in it , apologies

Speaking of which , the darts for the festival today are

2.10 Chl -
    PUT THE KETTLE ON 16/1

2.50 Chl -
    BIG RIVER 22/1
    COGRY 25/1

3.30 Chl -
    DARVER STAR 12/1

4.50 Chl -
    BEAKSTOWN 16/1
    EARLOFTHECOTSWOLDS 0.5pt @ 16/1
    KNIGHT IN DUBAI 0.5pt @ 33/1

5.30 Chl -
    FORZA MILAN 14/1

Making a late call on the supreme , leaning towards Fiddler at the moment though

Get in there Coleman you little beauty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 HUUUUUGEMELONS

Sociologist in the 17:00 Southwell
    Weak race and he will be on a going day today.
    4/1.

Staked : 353pts

Global Art touched off at 10/1 but a poor day on the sand otherwise . P&L sinking again .....

Mar 11

4.35 Lin -
    LILKIAN 25/1

4.40 Kem -
    BUY ME BACK 8/1

6.50 Kem -
    MOONDANCE 14/1

7.50 Kem -
    MAERCHENGARTEN 20/1
    SATCHVILLE FLYER 40/1

8.20 Kem -
    REBECKE 9/1

Mar 11

2.50 Chl -
    BURROWS EDGE 22/1
    PROTEKTORAT 14/1
    ALFA MIX 14/1

4.50 Chl -
    MICK PASTOR 10/1
    FRASER ISLAND 0.75pt @ 33/1
    SACCHOANDVANZETTI 0.75pt @ 40/1

5.30 Chl -
    QUEENS BROOK 8/1
    THE GLANCING QUEEN 16/1

The handicaps were torture , made last years Coral look straight forward .

Good luck

Staked : 353pts

Global Art touched off at 10/1 but a poor day on the sand otherwise . P&L sinking again .....

Mar 11

4.35 Lin -
    LILKIAN 25/1

4.40 Kem -
    BUY ME BACK 8/1

6.50 Kem -
    MOONDANCE 14/1

7.50 Kem -
    MAERCHENGARTEN 20/1
    SATCHVILLE FLYER 40/1

8.20 Kem -
    REBECKE 9/1

get in buy me back!!!!

Ben Curtis delivering the goods there on Red Jasper , never won on polytrack , drawn 14 and in he goes . Getting better every time I see him

Ben Curtis delivering the goods there on Red Jasper , never won on polytrack , drawn 14 and in he goes . Getting better every time I see him

himself hardie tudhope and keane always happily get my dough

Beat the SP on a few but only found the one winner , +4pts for the day .

Staked : 359pts
    Returned : 289.5pts

Slim pickings tomorrow ....

Mar 12

7.00 Cfd -
    ELJADDAAF 14/1

3 darts in the plate ....

4.10 Chl -
    SNOW FALCON 40/1
    SPIRITOFTHEGAMES 16/1
    ROBIN DES FORET 16/1

• Advertisement

And 3 in the Kim Muir

5.30 Chl -
    MILITARIAN 66/1
    BOB MAHLER 20/1
    KILFILUM CROSS 8/1

ELJADDAAF not beaten far , -1 today .

Mar 13

3.40 Lin -
    VANDAD 7/1

5.15 Dun -
    PLOUGH BOY 15/2

6.00 Sou -
    LE MANÈGE ENCHANTE 14/1

6.15 Dun -
    SECRET WIZARD 14/1

Sharjah wins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Sharjah wins!

Nope

Long week . Winner of the Arkle , then 31 losing bets on the trot , vast majority were a full point , then finished off on a good note in the last when all hope of salvaging the week looked gone . (Call the aftertiming police ...) Love the festival but it takes it out of me ....
    Ready for all the carriers to return home and the **** to really hit the fan now !!
    Anyway , back to the serious stuff ... another 4pts dropped today , not a bit happy . Hopefully the racing stays relatively unaffected as I’m counting down to the flat now . Been a really poor stint on the All Weather , and the winter Jumps too for what it’s worth .

On to tomorrow , 2 bets and then I’ll be putting the AW feet up for a while

Cheers

Mar 14

6.00 Wol -
    SUNSHINEANDBUBBLES 10/1

6.30 Wol -
    PRINCE OF ROME 16/1

Good luck

• Advertisement

Looks like the plug has been pulled on me , perhaps overdue , will wait for confirmation later on about Dundalk on Friday .

Will tot up a final P&L figure when I can bring myself to look at it .

No sign of being able to get stuck into the flat for the foreseeable so to keep my hand in , I had a scan through Happy Valley . Be happy to hear if anyone has any insight / resource into racing in Hong Kong as I’m on a crash course in learning about it .

Happy Valley

Mar 18

GARLIC YEAH 3/1
    VICTORIOUS SEEKER 13/2

DR PROACTIVE 9/1
    WOOD ON FIRE 15/8

EXPLOSIVE WITNESS 16/1
    LITTLE BIRD 7/2

TRIUMPHANT HORSE 10/1
    LETS TAKE IT EASY 10/3

ARES 5/1
    VICTORY MASTERY 3/1

THUNDER STOMP 7/1
    HEAVENLY THOUGHT 5/1

COUNTRY STAR 9/2

Singles Staked : 13pts

Exacta Staked : 6pts

I’ll call it 19pts to make it easy , in reality , less than 2pts total

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭Aidan Harney

No HV on Paddy powers by the look of it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

https://www.hkjc.com/home/english/index.aspx

https://cdbetting.com/news/betting-on-the-international-races-in-the-enormous-hong-kong-pools

https://tote.betfair.com/tote

Very ironic that Hong Kong are still racing and we aren't. You are better off backing in Asia using the Asian pools, there is much more liquidity in them, I mean much more. You can get on for thousands, no questions asked.

I have been hoping to go to HK for years, definitely a great excuse to head over there now, I would say there would be some good deals on flights etc if you shop around.

I am fuming that domestic racing is cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

IAMAMORON wrote:

Sad but essential.

The HRI are meeting at 1pm today to discuss the Irish situation. I would be shocked if we didn't follow the BHA decision of yesterday.

As a jumps fan this was my favourite time of the year. You had Cheltenham, Aintree, Fairyhouse and Punchestown in quick succession.

However there is more important things at stake now. Let's pray the industry survives after this and the economy as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Looks like they have added it now! Win bets only it seems!
    They are desperate for sport! (like us all)

Seemed to be SkyBet first , then 365 . Saw Hills and Ladbrokes quoting then too . I never noticed / checked Powers tbh , my own account with them is long gone so I don’t always bother looking

Sad but essential.

The HRI are meeting at 1pm today to discuss the Irish situation. I would be shocked if we didn't follow the BHA decision of yesterday.

As a jumps fan this was my favourite time of the year. You had Cheltenham, Aintree, Fairyhouse and Punchestown in quick succession.

However there is more important things at stake now. Let's pray the industry survives after this and the economy as a whole.

My favourite time of the year too , Cheltenham running into the start of the flat . Love it . A proper kick in the arse but like you say , there’s bigger problems at the moment .

Any outcome from HRI meeting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

MaxBet wrote:
    Any outcome from HRI meeting ?

Just heard they're continuing behind closed doors.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    https://www.hkjc.com/home/english/index.aspx

https://cdbetting.com/news/betting-on-the-international-races-in-the-enormous-hong-kong-pools

https://tote.betfair.com/tote

Very ironic that Hong Kong are still racing and we aren't. You are better off backing in Asia using the Asian pools, there is much more liquidity in them, I mean much more. You can get on for thousands, no questions asked.

I have been hoping to go to HK for years, definitely a great excuse to head over there now, I would say there would be some good deals on flights etc if you shop around.

Thanks .

Yeah , I’d like a spin there too . Saw a travel programme about it the other day with Vogue Williams and some other clown , the city looked really good .

The style of race riding is a bit mental and as for betting on it , I’d be wary as I’ve little or now knowledge of anyone involved .

Still , a few bob here and there on some mad Hong Kong handicap might help keep the no-racing blues away .

Cheers.

Didn’t expect that tbh

I love it, fair phucks to them.

I hope the Brits send over a rake of runners, it will shake them up a bit.

Lovely.

Thanks .

Yeah , I’d like a spin there too . Saw a travel programme about it the other day with Vogue Williams and some other clown , the city looked really good .

The style of race riding is a bit mental and as for betting on it , I’d be wary as I’ve little or now knowledge of anyone involved .

Still , a few bob here and there on some mad Hong Kong handicap might help keep the no-racing blues away .

Seemingly Vogue is only available at certain times of the year, you need to book in advance.:p:p

A lot of the runners are bred over here, look out for renames, Racing Post will have all the details of form under different names. I know the likes of Ger Lyons and Ken Condon are regular pinhookers to Hong Kong and beyond.

Naas on Monday now . Delighted ...

Brave decision , hope it goes to plan and they don’t end up having to rethink in a few days

• Advertisement
Advertisement