Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ALL - WEATHER BETS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Pearlstone

Superb Max. Hope you did the forecast!

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

Thanks a lot lads , great to get a couple of good days in . +40pts today , no complaints with that .

Just the one for tomorrow as it stands ....

Feb 20

3.50 Sou -
    SAMOVAR 11/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

MaxBet wrote: »
    Thanks a lot lads , great to get a couple of good days in . +40pts today , no complaints with that .

Just the one for tomorrow as it stands ....

Feb 20

3.50 Sou -
    SAMOVAR 11/1

How's your P/L looking now?

I’ve only got my own one up to date which has a few other bets thrown in but I’ll update the thread one later on . On holiday at the moment so I’m getting dragged around the place by the kids ...

About 60pts up the last couple few days so I’m guessing it’s in or around -35 , -40 ish . Still a disaster but hopefully can keep chipping away at it to try finish up looking respectable ..

I was hoping for 8s - 10s on Simcocks horse in the 7.30, looked last time that a step up would suit and yard are going well . I could have had 6s last night, thought was tight enough at that but he’s into 4s now so I’ll let him off .
    One that has reached my price is Red Stripes , 3.20, gone close a lot lately and although there’s not massive room for manoeuvre of this mark in this class , he might not be miles off today with a bit of luck . Has the beating of the favourite imo (although he gets George Rooke) so I’m not quite sure why the disparity in price .
    That said , it’s a Southwell sprint so God knows what’ll happen .

That’s it for today , back later on for 3 meetings tomorrow . Cheers

Feb 20

3.20 Sou -
    RED STRIPES 8/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I was hoping for 8s - 10s on Simcocks horse in the 7.30, looked last time that a step up would suit and yard are going well . I could have had 6s last night, thought was tight enough at that but he’s into 4s now so I’ll let him off .
    One that has reached my price is Red Stripes , 3.20, gone close a lot lately and although there’s not massive room for manoeuvre of this mark in this class , he might not be miles off today with a bit of luck . Has the beating of the favourite imo (although he gets George Rooke) so I’m not quite sure why the disparity in price .

Feb 20

3.20 Sou -
    RED STRIPES 8/1

Very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Feb 20

3.20 Sou -
    RED STRIPES 8/1

Ah jaysus Maxi will you save a bit for Cheltenham!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Flying form Max

Thanks lads , another 8pts points back today , had the luck on my side in a photo finish with the fav .
    Samovar NR

As of now ..

Staked : 305.5pts
    Returned : 270.5pts

Still awful but a hell of a lot better than a week ago

Feb 21

4.00 Lin-
    MERCERS 16/1

6.30 Dun -
    LATCHET 33/1

8.30 Dun -
    TOGOVILLE 0.5pt @ 33/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭irish_major

Feb 20

3.20 Sou -
    RED STRIPES 8/1

Didn't see this thread yesterday and had 1 bet all day - moveonup :o

Well done max

Unlucky there IM ...
    I’ve done enough whinging about bad luck so it’s fair to say things fell my way yesterday . Was out watching the football yesterday evening and had I been tuned into the racing I would’ve backed that Simcock runner at 7s late on ... and he was beaten a short head
    Just getting the breaks lately , fingers crossed there’s another month left before it turns again !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Half seven Dundalk I think lily's prince is way too big at 25s. Was a close up forth two starts back over six it's a multiple course and distance winner. Not sure this is as competitive as it may look on paper

Think Tynamite might win the eight o'clock too. Singles and e w double

Half seven Dundalk I think lily's prince is way too big at 25s. Was a close up forth two starts back over six it's a multiple course and distance winner. Not sure this is as competitive as it may look on paper

Think Tynamite might win the eight o'clock too. Singles and e w double

Agreed on Lily. Bad draw last time out and didn't try too hard. Has run well this season off decent draws.

Arghhh never settled at all. Almost broke too well.
    Time to say goodbye to him perhaps.

Northern Surprise out again .......
    Another new jockey and 66/1 .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Northern Surprise out again .......
    Another new jockey and 66/1 .......

Literally logged in to say I was disappointed you deserted him!

Can't resist one more go. Sick price.

Feb 21

4.00 Lin-
    MERCERS 16/1

6.30 Dun -
    LATCHET 33/1

8.30 Dun -
    TOGOVILLE 0.5pt @ 33/1

Latchet one to watch. Non-trier tonight.

Tight for time , might not get to look again tomorrow so just the one as it stands

Feb 22

3.50 Lin -
    SPIRIT WARNING 8/1

Good luck

SPIRIT WARNING was having his first run in over 5 months when beaten less than 2L by today’s fav Almufti over CD lto and now gets a 4lb swing plus the assistance of De Sousa to try turn it around . He had 5 runs on the AW last year , winning three - one on each polytrack track - and won off this mark at Windsor in August . Trainer in very good form at the moment .

Wasn’t going to have another bet but there’s 2 in the opening race I don’t want to let go .

ONE TO GO went off fav lto at Newcastle and ran best of the prominent racers , coming 3rd , with 4 of the of first 5 home coming from off the pace and the horse behind him in 4th winning next time out .
    Adam McNamara takes over again today who won on him here on penultimate run , strong at the finish over a mile . He’ll stay 10f and if running to the same level as that win then he could be involved .

I’ve been following SCOFFLAW and put him up here a few times with no success . He’s been running well without really threatening but drops back to a Class 5 today for the first time since winning comfortably over a similar trip from a pound higher at Wolverhampton in November . Has 2 polytrack wins , off this mark and higher , stays the trip and is slightly down in grade .

It’s a tough little handicap with Agent Of Fortune , Toro Dorado and Crimewave all looking strong but gone for 2 at a price .

No more AW bets today .

Good luck

Feb 22

1.30 Lingfield
    ONE TO GO 10/1
    SCOFFLAW 14/1

• Advertisement

Think Tynamite might win the eight o'clock

Unlucky there

Spirit Warning ran a good race , beat the favourite but found one too good .
    One To Go was touched off in 2nd too , beaten a nk and Scofflaw was disappointing .
    Close but no cigar , -3pts for the day , back tomorrow night for the 2 meetings on Monday .

Staked : 311pts

Feb 24

2.05 Sou -
    POPPY MAY 33/1

6.00 Wol -
    QUEENS ROAD 14/1

8.00 Wol -
    RED GUNNER 20/1

6.00 Wol -
    SHES EASYONTHEEYE 28/1

Backed her lto and have to give her another chance at the price now . 0/4 on the AW but best race was ran over CD in a decent time . Now 4lbs lower and Ben Robinson (underrated imo) rides for the first time since . Might drift a bit further , 33s ish but I’ll be out for the day . Wide open race .

No use today , -4pts .

Staked : 315pts

Feb 25

Today’s bet a non runner .

Back tonight for Kempton and Southwell tomorrow.

Feb 26

5.30 Kem -
    UPSTAGE 16/1

7.00 Kem -
    TOUGH REMEDY 20/1

7.30 Kem -
    MURAAQEB 20/1

8.00 Kem -
    BRIYOUNI 10/1

8.30 Kem -
    THE GROOVE 25/1

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

great shout on tough remedy. came with a wet sail and for a clearer run i think he'd have won.

No luck yesterday unfortunately , -5pts

Staked : 320pts

Just the one today ....

Feb 27

4.45 Nwc -
    INSURPLUS 11/1

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

hard luck. 2nd again

but the picking is solid.well done

Insurplus not far away , solid run in 2nd but dropped another point today .

Staked : 321pts

Back later for the weekly extravaganza at El Paso plus Newcastle and Lingfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Back later for the weekly extravaganza at El Paso plus Newcastle and Lingfield

El Paso tomorrow. Have a look at My Good Brother, Max Bet. He's 11 but you know Colin Keane is booked (2nd on him last year) and well he's in off 53 and despite his finishing positions hasn't been far off. Interesting at 25/1.

You have to get that returns to stake ratio sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Never heard the El Paso nickname before, I love it.

STB. wrote: »
    El Paso tomorrow. Have a look at My Good Brother, Max Bet. He's 11 but you know Colin Keane is booked (2nd on him last year) and well he's in off 53 and despite his finishing positions hasn't been far off. Interesting at 25/1.

You have to get that returns to stake ratio sorted!

You’re not wrong , a depressing p&l but it only takes a few to fall right to get things back on track .
    In theory anyway ....!

Yeah , I’m a big Keane fan and even though I think / thought this horse was nearing a win (put him up here end of January) , I’m struggling to keep the faith now ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

You’re not wrong , a depressing p&l but it only takes a few to fall right to get things back on track .
    In theory anyway ....!

Yeah , I’m a big Keane fan and even though I think / thought this horse was nearing a win (put him up here end of January) , I’m struggling to keep the faith now ....

Francie will have my balls for this but Dundalk has to be the worst punting track in the business. Absolute stroke fest.

Earendil wrote: »
    Francie will have my balls for this but Dundalk has to be the worst punting track in the business. Absolute stroke fest.

Agreed , it’s a nightmare .
    I don’t know if it’s all just about strokes though . In some ways the handicaps there a disaster if you’ve got one lined up for it .
    No denying there is skullduggery but for me it’s just too many horses of a similar ability racing against each other too regularly .
    Very hard to find a solid line in a race , doesn’t stop me trying though ...!

I think the second track should help things a bit ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Earendil wrote: »

So many trainers trying to get the handicapper to relent just another few pounds til they pounce. Too many low graders. Some horses running off marks in the 40s with American sires, soft ground form of no value, and no weight. All a game.

However, this week is gambling week for Cheltenham money. Follow the money as horses will be suddenly up for it!

Feb 28

7.30 Dun -
    IMPROVING 16/1
    EACHARN 8/1

7.45 Nwc -
    LORD OF THE GLEN 8/1

8.30 Dun -
    FUNNY LITTLE WAYS 8/1

As having 2 in the one race just wasn’t enough .....

7.30 Dun -
    COUNT OF CARABASS 40/1

Looks a fair way overpriced in this at 40/1 . Proven over CD , decent jockey up and although the mark is possibly high-ish , it’s not 40/1 high imo . Won 2 on the bounce in November and not beaten Miles here last week . Gets a right pull with Major Power for 3 lengths just before Christmas

Feb 28

6.00 Dun -
    BAL DE RIO 12/1

8/1 winner in the last , +3pts for the day

Staked : 327pts
    Returned : 279.5pts

Backed one in the 2m at Southwell for an interest , Roudrapour , sire gets a few winners here . Backable prices gone now so not putting it up here as a thread bet , didn’t get a full point on anyhow . Oh Purple Reign got a few bob , 14/1 in the Listed race at Lingfield but again , not a thread bet , just for an interest .

Back on Sunday night for Wolves on Monday unless I’m struck down by the Virus or blown away by the Storm in the meantime ....

Good luck

I can’t find a “Coronavirus - Wolverhampton” thread but hopefully we are still in business for tomorrow ....

Mar 2

4.45 Wol -
    CAFE SYDNEY 9/1
    PADURA BRAVE 25/1

5.45 Wol -
    CALINS LAD 22/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Toetohand

I can’t find a “Coronavirus - Wolverhampton” thread but hopefully we are still in business for tomorrow ....

Mar 2

4.45 Wol -
    CAFE SYDNEY 9/1
    PADURA BRAVE 25/1

5.45 Wol -
    CALINS LAD 22/1

Max you’re running a big surplus on this thread if you were going ew. It’s some going and some amount of homework!

Not a bad jockey on board but I wouldn’t know where to start with that ride on Calins Lad . Maybe an element of pocket talk but he looked all over the shop ....

-3pts for the day , Southwell tomorrow looks woeful but I’ll give it a go . Might have one in the qualifier at Chantilly too .

The 2 I was half interested in ... LORNA COLE in the first and AL SIUL EILE in the 7.00 have both shortened up and I’m not sure they were that much value beforehand anyway . I’ve had a very small bet on the 2 but no proper bet today . Back tonight for 2 meetings tomorrow

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

The 2 I was half interested in ... LORNA COLE in the first and AL SIUL EILE in the 7.00 have both shortened up and I’m not sure they were that much value beforehand anyway . I’ve had a very small bet on the 2 but no proper bet today . Back tonight for 2 meetings tomorrow

Good luck

I had picked Lorna Cole as well at 7/1 this morning. Is out to 11/1 now.
    Hoping for Custard the Dragon in the other one though. Good luck.

No joy today Rooster , money came for yours at the right time

Sorry for delay .... haven’t been able to log in since yesterday ??

Mar 4

2.30 Lin -
    GOLDEN TIMES 9/1

3.00 Lin -
    LEXINGTON LAW 14/1

6.15 Kem -
    GENUINE APPROVAL 12/1

8.15 Kem -
    MONT KIARA 25/1
    BLACK ISLE BOY 14/1

Poor from the first 2 , it’s a pity the log-in started to work at all ...

Hopefully better this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

**** it, that was close!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭jay1988

Cracking run by your selection tbf, really thought he was going to stay on, very unlucky.

• Advertisement

Cheers lads

Yeah , turned the air blue watching that . She’ll most likely go up a pound or two now , make it even trickier next time

Advertisement