Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Emergency stop

• 02-11-2019 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭

In the run up to my test in July I enjoyed watching a lot of the learning to drive videos on YouTube. In particular I liked the London Driving School mock tests even though lots of it isn’t relevant here.
    Was wondering, when did we finish doing Emergency Stop here in Ireland, or did we ever do it?
    Seems like an important thing in the UK.
    Also reverse parking?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You reverse around the corner. It's the same movement as parking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

You reverse around the corner. It's the same movement as parking.

Do you think parallel parking is the same as the reversing around the corner?!? I don’t think so?
    What about the emergency stop?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You didn't say parrelell parking. You said reverse. It's also not really needed. I've only done it once in the last 4 years.

There is a high amount of marking on observation already. What does mimicking an emergency stop acheive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

There is a high amount of marking on observation already. What does mimicking an emergency stop acheive?

Observing something is great until you have to actually react. I'd be on the fence on its inclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

dsmythy wrote: »
    Observing something is great until you have to actually react. I'd be on the fence on its inclusion.

I agree with you. Also the parallel parking is more important then reversing around a corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

I really dont think reverse around corner is comparable to parallel parking, it helps but not the same at all. I did my test overseas and had to do parallel parking for it. It was one thing I insisted my kids being able to do when I was teaching them to drive. So many people just havent a notion how to park....... the good thing though is I can almost always find street parking as other pass it by :)

Advertisement