Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo contact ???

Options
  • 02-11-2019 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Ok I got a sim for myself and everything went smoothly but my parents got 2 Sims and accidentally gave the wrong email.
    They tried to email GoMo with no joy.
    In the last 2 weeks I've emailed twice using their online contact form (with only the automated response) and used the web chat (see pics) twice first time no reply and the 2nd time after nearly 2 hrs waiting......yes my battery died.

So it seems there's no way of contacting these people.
    Has anyone a number or an actual email address they monitor.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

They advertise that they have minimal support. The Ryanair of phone networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Have you tried twitter. They seem to respond there. @GoMoIrelandCare

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭Jeff2

On the login page it has a "forgot your email" link.

Click that and it says it will send a code to the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭zale

Jeff2 wrote: »
    On the login page it has a "forgot your email" link.

Click that and it says it will send a code to the phone.

Unfortunately the email given when registering with GoMo was incorrect and we have no access to it so we can't click on the verification link to finalize registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭zale

jgbyr wrote: »
    Have you tried twitter. They seem to respond there. @GoMoIrelandCare

I'm not on Twitter but I'll register and try that way. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

zale wrote: »
    Unfortunately the email given when registering with GoMo was incorrect and we have no access to it so we can't click on the verification link to finalize registration.

I registered one account with wrong email spelling. Facebook messenger got it corrected by midday the following day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭Jeff2

As far as I can make out unless the sim has been verified using the txt code to the phone and login to the site then they won't be charged the monthly amount.

It's not much help but a sim needs to be verified and then the billing date starts which is probably why they started it mid month with billing the 1st of the next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

im having a different problem.
    My I cant log in cause my DOB is telling me its not the DOB is not the one used when i registered. I cant even use their web chat for support with out logging in.

I am starting my only fix is to cancel this account, cut my losses and run.
    And i am not even sure how to do that. Might just have to contact the bank to block the direct debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

My I cant log in cause my DOB is telling me its not the DOB is not the one used when i registered. I cant even use their web chat for support with out logging in.

Use Twitter or Facebook support.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Thanks for that, I did not know about the face book option, I dont really do that twitter thing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I am starting my only fix is to cancel this account, cut my losses and run.
    And i am not even sure how to do that. Might just have to contact the bank to block the direct debit.

I have the exact same problem. I've been emailing them back and forth on it for a month, told multiple times it had been fixed. Still no joy. I'm just cancelling at this stage, they're completely incompetent.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    I have the exact same problem. I've been emailing them back and forth on it for a month, told multiple times it had been fixed. Still no joy. I'm just cancelling at this stage, they're completely incompetent.

Any joy here? Bought this morning and exact same issue with DOB. How are you contacting them. Is it facebook/twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

Hi, I am trying to move my number from a Vodafone prepay. On the switching form it gives 4 options for the type of account you have with your current provider.... Postpay single line, Postpay multiline, prepay registered and prepay unregistered. Both the Postpay options ask for an account number which I don't have as I am prepay. I have tried selecting both prepay option and clicked on confirm but nothing is happening... I just see the same form with all the details I have filled on. Anyone have any solutions? I don't have twitter. I can get someone to message them on Facebook tomorrow if I have to

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

aido76 wrote: »
    Hi, I am trying to move my number from a Vodafone prepay. On the switching form it gives 4 options for the type of account you have with your current provider.... Postpay single line, Postpay multiline, prepay registered and prepay unregistered. Both the Postpay options ask for an account number which I don't have as I am prepay. I have tried selecting both prepay option and clicked on confirm but nothing is happening... I just see the same form with all the details I have filled on. Anyone have any solutions? I don't have twitter. I can get someone to message them on Facebook tomorrow if I have to

They mentioned something about using a different browser . Which one are you using ?

Lennyzip wrote: »
    They mentioned something about using a different browser . Which one are you using ?

I use Google chrome. I have changed over a couple of numbers so far using chrome but all of them had account numbers with previous providers and it confirmed no problems for me. The numbers were swapped within a couple of hours of the time I had set it at.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

aido76 wrote: »
    I use Google chrome. I have changed over a couple of numbers so far using chrome but all of them had account numbers with previous providers and it confirmed no problems for me. The numbers were swapped within a couple of hours of the time I had set it at.

No , I've read the issue is with the "Confirm" button on certain browsers. Open another browser like Firefox and try again .

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Brannaman

Hi..........I've had a week of this. I tried Lennyzip's idea to switch browser but no luck. I cannot email them through the Contact Us link either because it insists that the format of the D.O.B. is wrong. I wonder does anyone have a back-door email address. This reminds me of the early days with Imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sbb960

You correct, cut your losses and run, ..............easier on the head

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sbb960

You nearly right... GO Mo are utterly, completely, extremely, thoroughly, totally incompetent.

The change of browser didn't work.... Not sure what I can do now...
    Anyway of getting an account number from Vodafone for a prepay account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

aido76 wrote:
    The change of browser didn't work.... Not sure what I can do now... Anyway of getting an account number from Vodafone for a prepay account?

aido76 wrote:
    The change of browser didn't work.... Not sure what I can do now... Anyway of getting an account number from Vodafone for a prepay account?

Call them or contact them via their Chat facility.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Call them or contact them via their Chat facility.
    That's the issue, their chat facility doesn't work most of the time, or yiu are so long waiting yiu just time out. No nunber to call them as its all online only, the message pages gives an error with the DOB.. .....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ibmyself

Regarding Data: My Experience is you will be slowed down when you have used between 50 and 60GB's of data not 80GB as advertised. And by 'slowed down' they mean completely crippled to 25Kb/s at best.

Also they seem to be slowing the sending of the sim so you can't cancel within your cooling off period, it's already passed by the time you get the sim!

I might.....just might have cracked this. Having tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox on Mac and Windows without success I tried my iPhone. Immediate response, number will be ported over at scheduled time......no bother. 15.30 is the magic moment. I'll update then but at least I got past "submit".

It worked. Post 15.30 checked the account via the phone and the number had moved BUT it wouldn't work so I unloaded the SIM, switched off the phone, put the SIM back and powered up. Like the proverbial Christmas tree. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Having tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox on Mac and Windows without success I tried my iPhone.

There's a Firefox add on to change browser user agent to iPhone which might then allow the request to go through.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/android/addon/user-agent-string-switcher/

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alexphoenix

:mad: PROBLEM PORTING MY VODAFONE NUMBER TO GOMO :mad:

I have tried multiple times to port my Vodafone number to GoMo. Each time I enter the (correct) details and click the "Confirm" button, NOTHING HAPPENS!
    I have tried on Firefox, Chrome & Internet Explorer on my PC, and using Firefox on my phone. Same problem.

This has been going on for over a month, ever since I received my GoMo SIM, which is lying unused in a drawer!
    I have sent messages to GoMo via their website, and on Facebook. No response.
    GoMo are charging me money for a service I cannot use with my existing number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Was there any need to do the same post in multiple threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

:mad: PROBLEM PORTING MY VODAFONE NUMBER TO GOMO :mad:

I have tried multiple times to port my Vodafone number to GoMo. Each time I enter the (correct) details and click the "Confirm" button, NOTHING HAPPENS!
    I have tried on Firefox, Chrome & Internet Explorer on my PC, and using Firefox on my phone. Same problem.

This has been going on for over a month, ever since I received my GoMo SIM, which is lying unused in a drawer!

I have sent messages to GoMo via their website, and on Facebook. No response.

If it is not sorted out this week I am taking it to Comreg!

GoMo are charging me money for a service I cannot use with my existing number.

GRRRR!

I think you just need to do Web chat on a weekday with them. I have move 3 sims over for the family. I had a problem with one move. I contacted them on Web chat and they sorted within minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 alexphoenix

JTMan wrote: »
    Was there any need to do the same post in multiple threads?

YES - that way it will be seen by more people.

Advertisement