Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo contact ???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alexphoenix

:mad: PROBLEM PORTING MY VODAFONE NUMBER TO GOMO :mad:

I have tried multiple times to port my Vodafone number to GoMo. Each time I enter the (correct) details and click the "Confirm" button, NOTHING HAPPENS!. This has been going on for over a month, ever since I received my GoMo SIM, which is lying unused in a drawer!

I have sent messages to GoMo via their website, and on Facebook. No response.
    If it is not sorted out this week I am taking it to Comreg!
    GoMo are charging me money for a service I cannot use with my existing number.

My problem (until just now) was with Chrome, Firefox & Internet Explorer on my PC, and Firefox, on my phone. . It made no difference what browser I used!

I FINALLY FOUND A SOLUTION:

You have to visit your "account details" page FIRST

https://my.gomo.ie/offer

and then click the "move my number" link at the bottom left of that screen before you key in your details for porting your existing number to GoMo.
    It worked! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

My problem (until just now) was with Chrome, Firefox & Internet Explorer on my PC, and Firefox, on my phone. . It made no difference what browser I used!

and then click the "move my number" link at the bottom left of that screen before you key in your details for porting your existing number to GoMo.

THANK YOU!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

I tried that but didn't work with one of the family members I am trying to port over. I have swapped myself and my wife's over handy enough but we were in contracts with virgin media and three so we had account numbers and porting was smooth for us. I am now trying to move 2 more numbers over but both are on prepaid Vodafone. I have now moved one number over to 30 day rolling contract with virgin media (€5 a month). I will port this over with the account number from virgin media in a few days. I just tried the other number with Alex solution and it worked for the prepay number. I defo tried this with the first one and didn't work. Maybe Gomo have resolved the issue.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Tried on 4 different occasions this morning to port my number from Eir 30day bill, kept getting the notification that "Your port is rejected as there is already a move in progress for this number in donor network Eircom Mobile" 2 different customer care reps decided to cut me off in the middle of our chats so I decided to cancel my account

Useless shower if ever I saw one

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alexphoenix

GoMo also ported my number over from Vodafone at 10AM today, on schedule.

Calls, texts and Voicemail are all working.

Hurrah! I'm a happy bunny now! biggrin.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 donalmoore

aido76 wrote: »
    I tried that but didn't work with one of the family members I am trying to port over. I have swapped myself and my wife's over handy enough but we were in contracts with virgin media and three so we had account numbers and porting was smooth for us. I am now trying to move 2 more numbers over but both are on prepaid Vodafone. I have now moved one number over to 30 day rolling contract with virgin media (€5 a month). I will port this over with the account number from virgin media in a few days. I just tried the other number with Alex solution and it worked for the prepay number. I defo tried this with the first one and didn't work. Maybe Gomo have resolved the issue.......
    Didnt work for me eithet

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Deesse

zale wrote: »
    Ok I got a sim for myself and everything went smoothly but my parents got 2 Sims and accidentally gave the wrong email.
    They tried to email GoMo with no joy.
    In the last 2 weeks I've emailed twice using their online contact form (with only the automated response) and used the web chat (see pics) twice first time no reply and the 2nd time after nearly 2 hrs waiting......yes my battery died.

So it seems there's no way of contacting these people.
    Has anyone a number or an actual email address they monitor.

Thanks

Did you get any resolution to this? I'm in an identical situation with my sister who gave me an incorrect email address when she asked me to sing her up. I also had to use my credit card and I'm being billed now for her account. I've emailed them twice through that clunky help form, with absolutely no response! I really don't know what to do other than ask my bank to block payment!

Update: they solved this very efficiently after I sent them a Facebook message.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Deesse

Jeff2 wrote: »
    As far as I can make out unless the sim has been verified using the txt code to the phone and login to the site then they won't be charged the monthly amount.

It's not much help but a sim needs to be verified and then the billing date starts which is probably why they started it mid month with billing the 1st of the next month.

That's not the case. I got one for my sister at launch, but it was only put in the phone a couple of days ago. When I had a look at my credit card statement, they have been billing since the purchase date.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I also have an unactivated sim here, got in beginning of November and it still hasn't been activated and Decembers bill was 9.99 which I fully expected it to be. I also received another sim on the 12th of November, cancelled in on the 16th November with the sim never used, requested a refund under the 14 day cooling off period and was told that the cooling off period commenced on the 31st oct, the day of ordering, sure 13 days had passed before the sim was delivered :) I did take 3 attempts to cancel the account, which it was eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭pmac086

Anyone having signal issues with Gomo in South Dublin, we have 2 sims and live in Rathgar, terrible signal and reception when we do get through..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Is the gomo offer finished

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

butrasgali wrote: »

Hard to tell :rolleyes:

https://gomo.ie/

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

butrasgali wrote: »

Did you even bother to check their website before posting here?

Advertisement