Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mazda 6 diesels....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sounds legit.
    Dpf filter professionally bypassed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 2.2 is derived from the 2.0 which was worse. I wouldn't touch one with barge pole unless you like high stakes gambling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

bazz26 wrote: »
    The 2.2 is derived from the 2.0 which was worse. I wouldn't touch one with barge pole unless you like high stakes gambling.

Shame as it's a nice looking car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

it wasnt long ago i inquired here about 2.2 having issue- no clue into whole mechanics. think was looking at 141, but then someone posted me article of same model here on threads where someone got it and without knowing were looking 4-6k loss, as its been damaged, due to diesel slipping into oil and causing grind/wear where engine needs full rebuilt at best.

as my understanding a lot of cars have dpf, jeeps etc, and issue becomes once someone gets one of these new and use it as a short trip daily run around, where more likely it needs to be on motorway to kick in dpf.

i like mazda 3-6 models, but even that this issue been so long and imagine mazda dealership wont treat it under warranty, made me step away of thinking of one, as not sure if its still same on new 2018-2019 models, since earlier ones do have that and its 50/50 when buying second hand one, as damage could been done by one of the previous owners and passed along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭SQ2

Sounds legit.

Having been the victim of an unprofessional DPF removal job, then having to get it re-instated to pass NCT, and then had to have it removed again professionally It does make a difference! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

SQ2 wrote: »
    Having been the victim of an unprofessional DPF removal job, then having to get it re-instated to pass NCT, and then had to have it removed again professionally It does make a difference! :pac:

How can you have it removed professionally and pass the NCT? I thought it had to be on the car.

Op I’ve owned 3 Mazda 6’s in my time.

A 2ltr petrol. Not an ounce of trouble but it was thirsty.
    Two 2.2ltr diesel’s. In my four plus years of owning two diesels I had to have the DPF cleaned three times from memory.
    The diesel economy more than made up for this over the length of ownership.

These filters are a pain in all modern diesels. The more long trips you do goes without saying. Some brands are little more liable to it like Mazda but even my ford galaxy had DPF issue recently I had to have it replaced. Completely clogged. It’s a Citroen engine I found out. Drives lovely otherwise.

Edit I’ve not owned the 2let diesel. I see you’re looking at one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭SQ2

My golf was living in limp mode from DPF issues. When the light came on to do a regen, it rarely gave enough time to get to a motorway!
    The first job I had done was quite obvious unfortunately from visual inspection, they did a shocking job really. The last time it was done was virtually invisible, I think they even welded another panel over the case of the DPF so you couldn't see the hole cut out and rewelded. The power difference when the DPF went back in was rotten. It wasn't long before limp mode returned, so it had to go once more.
    Incidentally, the mechanic that was sorting it for me had am 08 Mazda in for DPF also, as bad as mine was, the thoughts of going near the Mazda one was giving him nightmares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

My wife ran an 09 2 litre diesel Mazda 6 for the last 6 years. Just traded it in. Never had a dpf issue. Did lots of city miles with a longer trip every fortnight or so.
    Only problem during our ownership was rear brake calipers liked to seize up and in its last service garage said a lot of rust underneath (uk import if it matters) he thought it might not pass nct but went through no problem so probably not as bad as he thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

uk import if it matters

Yeah, it matters :) They salt the roads a lot more over there, so rust underneath can be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How are Mazda still in business, who buys a Mazda .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

older ones are cheap reliable aside rust theres little to go wrong, a bit like Toyota. In terms of spec and comfort theres little you get so can see a point if comparing new/ish to other makes and models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I have a 132 diesel 170 bhp (remapped to 200) with 150k miles that owes me nothing and is going perfect. We're doing regular long runs. Most people's problems with the Mazda diesels is that they are not doing the driving to suit a diesel.

This is my 6th Mazda although my first diesel. Never had a bit of bother with any of them other than the usual wear and tear items. I did have to get the Dpf cleaned on the diesel but that was my own fault, I got wrong advise and kept driving when there was an O2 sensor fault which turned out to be a shorting loom cable due to a broken clip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I have a 132 diesel 170 bhp (remapped to 200) with 150k miles that owes me nothing and is going perfect. We're doing regular long runs. Most people's problems with the Mazda diesels is that they are not doing the driving to suit a diesel.

This is my 6th Mazda although my first diesel. Never had a bit of bother with any of them other than the usual wear and tear items. I did have to get the Dpf cleaned on the diesel but that was my own fault, I got wrong advise and kept driving when there was an O2 sensor fault which turned out to be a shorting loom cable due to a broken clip

That's great news on your car.

But too often not the case with Mazda and diesels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Old diesel wrote: »
    That's great news on your car.

But too often not the case with Mazda and diesels.

As I've already said most people's problems with the Mazda diesels is that they are not doing the driving to suit a diesel.

Advertisement