Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary filling or other options?

• 03-11-2019 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,685 ✭✭✭✭

Hoping to get some ideas here.

My inlay filling fell out this morning. There is no pain as there is still an under layer that seals off the nerve completely, so that's good news.

I'm wondering what, if anything, I should do before paying a visit to the dentist tomorrow to get it reinserted/glued back in properly.

Boots has a product that can act as a temporary filling/inlay glue. Should I use that? Would it be easy for the dentist to clean out to use their own (far superior, I assume) glue?

Or should I just just do what I did last time, which was to not eat much, chew with the other side of my mouth, and just wait it out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭Fishorsealant

If you can get to a dentist tomorrow then you can most likely just leave it...

If there is still a lining and not painful now then it’s unlikely it will become so in the space of a day.

Just exert some caution when eating hard foods and use common sense.
    Obviously keep the inlay safe...

Advertisement