Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gomo authentication emails problem with Hotmail

• 03-11-2019 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭

Heads up - I’ve just been told by GoMo on Facebook message that they are having trouble sending authentication emails to Hotmail accounts.
    I was getting none for resetting password etc so could not register/ log on. They asked for alternative email, which I gave , so I hope I get it sorted soon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭xraylady

long_b wrote: »
    Email or text?

Email . The one I used when ordering was a hotmail one and they wanted alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

MS frequently block emails from certain domains/senders. In fairness to GoMo getting MS to lift the ban is difficult to say the least.

That said, GoMo should put a warning on their website not to use a MS email address, they should also force email verification before you input any further details.

Exactly, people often have second mail they could use - if they knew. Now have entered all details which were accepted and no confirmation email for order or access to my GoMo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

How did you contact them? It looks for me to login to use their support and I never received their email.

Do they have a number because I'm struggling to find that too?

There is no number for them that I could find. I sent DM to their twitter and Facebook . Also email to complaints@gomo.ie. Got reply from all 3 after few days with standard reply’ Send account no , address, email’. Only one gave personal reply saying that hotmail addresses causing problems and asking for alternative. Replied to all yesterday but nothing more from any source today . Waiting to be able to register for my GoMo to make final switch.
    Hope you manage to contact them .

• Advertisement

I've signed up but obviously not registered since I never got an email. I was being patient and cutting them some slack. It's only today I decided to look into it and came across your thread so thanks for that. No SIM card received yet either but they took the initial charge alright.

I've emailed customercare@gomo.ie and got a ticket confirmation saying I'll hear back in the next two days. I wonder if that's any different from the complaints email address.

I've also DM'd them on Twitter so we'll see which responds first.

I saw the complaints one in some other post. It was from someone who had been in touch with ComReg. Response time doesn’t seem to be any better than customer care one. Good luck and let us know if you get any resolution please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

xraylady wrote: »
    I saw the complaints one in some other post. It was from someone who had been in touch with ComReg. Response time doesn’t seem to be any better than customer care one. Good luck and let us know if you get any resolution please.

did you get sorted?i cant get an email or a text.ive emailed customer care as well.

They replied to my Twitter DM about 45 minutes ago. I gave them the details they asked for. Nothing back yet and still no email.

They must be working late. Just got email from the complaints dept. They changed my email address and I could register. All good now thank goodness. Porting date set for 10/11 as that’s when my PAYG month is up. Good luck.

Update. Think it may have been sorted from my twitter enquiry. Both FB &Twitter DM ‘d saying ‘email updated’ and sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

xraylady wrote: »
    Heads up - I’ve just been told by GoMo on Facebook message that they are having trouble sending authentication emails to Hotmail accounts.
    I was getting none for resetting password etc so could not register/ log on. They asked for alternative email, which I gave , so I hope I get it sorted soon

I used my hotmail account to sign up. No issue at all.

They've responded and have updated my details. Waiting to receive the new verification email now. No sign yet.

3 different email addresses and 3 different phones.no email verification and no text one either.this is crazy and its so hard to get in touch with the.im not on twitter or facebook.

this is my second sim the first one went off without any problems at all..

Still no authentication email received at my gmail account. However the authentication email finally arrived at my hotmail account. However, it's no longer still valid :(

The wait continues.

Still no authentication email received at my gmail account. However the authentication email finally arrived at my hotmail account. However, it's no longer still valid :(

The wait continues.

Go on to the web chat they sorted it for me.took awhile but it was sorted.have an alternative email just in case.

Go on to the web chat they sorted it for me.took awhile but it was sorted.have an alternative email just in case.

I think I need to be able to log in to do that.

I think I need to be able to log in to do that.

No you don't.just disable any adblockers you have.if you can't see the chat now symbol refresh the page/browse gomo.ie until you do.

No adblockers. Tried a couple of different browsers too.

Finally got an email. Clicked on the link and got this:
    There have been an issue while updating your email. Please retry.

Your change email request have expired or is invalid.

Go to MyAccount

:rolleyes:

The wait continues.

Seeing as the change email address expired. I tried the hotmail link again.

Lo and behold it worked. So, now to login, I click that I forgot my password since I never received one and get emailed out a reset password link instantaneously.

I'm in!! Finally :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Palinkat

Seeing as the change email address expired. I tried the hotmail link again.

Lo and behold it worked. So, now to login, I click that I forgot my password since I never received one and get emailed out a reset password link instantaneously.

I'm in!! Finally :pac:

I have the same issue with my Hotmail address. I have requested about 15 times for the account creation and didn't get a single email, checked spam of course.
    That's the email I registered with so I can't use any alternate to get through to them.
    I don't do Facebook nor Twitter so am I supposed to get in touch with them?

I wonder how your email address got accepted.

Tx

Unfortunately I think Facebook/twitter or web chat only way to resolve this. I got them to change my email from hotmail one via Facebook messenger. Then I could try and log using ‘forgot my password’ and finally got authentication email. It’s funny that some people with hotmail accounts seem to have no problem. On a good note. Once all set up phone/data service good so far.

Ta,

I saw the chat button for a split second on the website and I fecking closed the page...
    I'll keep trying anyway.

Tx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Palinkat wrote: »
    I have the same issue with my Hotmail address. I have requested about 15 times for the account creation and didn't get a single email, checked spam of course.
    That's the email I registered with so I can't use any alternate to get through to them.
    I don't do Facebook nor Twitter so am I supposed to get in touch with them?

I wonder how your email address got accepted.

Tx

Try emailing them at customercare@gomo.ie.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Try emailing them at customercare@gomo.ie.
    Just did using gmail and I got the automated answer saying a ticket was created!
    Progress!

Thanks for providing the address!!

Advertisement