Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching from Eir FTTH package

• 03-11-2019 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

My contract is about to expire with Eir.
    I don't fancy paying E68 a month & I hate their router which is crap on the 2.4Hz signal. (there's so much bad feedback on it on web, you'd wonder why they've kept using it!)
    Looking to switch, just looking at a comparison website. They're some decent deals, would anyone recommend a supplier ie vodafone, Pure , digiweb, sky.
    Is Digiwebs router as good as they advertise?
    And then they'res my concern - if I switch, Eir are still basically supplying the service, so if they'res a problem, will I have to wait for ever to get it fixed?
    I remember hearing about them getting their knuckles wrapped about this.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

My contract is about to expire with Eir.
    I don't fancy paying E68 a month & I hate their router which is crap on the 2.4Hz signal. (there's so much bad feedback on it on web, you'd wonder why they've kept using it!)
    Looking to switch, just looking at a comparison website. They're some decent deals, would anyone recommend a supplier ie vodafone, Pure , digiweb, sky.
    Is Digiwebs router as good as they advertise?
    And then they'res my concern - if I switch, Eir are still basically supplying the service, so if they'res a problem, will I have to wait for ever to get it fixed?
    I remember hearing about them getting their knuckles wrapped about this.

Vodafone have a decent deal. For the 150meg plan it's 25 euros per month for first six months, then 55 after. Contract is 12 months.
    Downsides: modem not great and 1tb Fair usage policy.

Digiweb: 55 euros a month.12 month contract. Great Modem.
    Downsides: 1tb fair usage policy.

Sky:35 euros a month for first 12 months. 12 month contract.
    Downsides: modem not great and 1tb Fair Usage Policy. Price much higher after 12 months.

Airwire: 49 euros a month. 6 or 12 month contract. Great Modem.
    Downsides: None.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

Gonzo wrote: »
    Vodafone have a decent deal. For the 150meg plan it's 25 euros per month for first six months, then 55 after. Contract is 12 months.
    Downsides: modem not great and 1tb Fair usage policy.

Digiweb: 55 euros a month.12 month contract. Great Modem.
    Downsides: 1tb fair usage policy.

Sky:35 euros a month for first 12 months. 12 month contract.
    Downsides: modem not great and 1tb Fair Usage Policy. Price much higher after 12 months.

Airwire: 49 euros a month. 6 or 12 month contract. Great Modem.
    Downsides: None.

Thanks, They're different prices to what i seen. Which comparison site was it?
    Do people typically switch every year like with the ESB?
    I'd stay if out of contract price was ok & service good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Thanks, They're different prices to what i seen. Which comparison site was it?
    Do people typically switch every year like with the ESB?
    I'd stay if out of contract price was ok & service good.

It's probably not from a comparison site, most regular posters on this forum will have a good idea of current prices from different providers.

It's best to switch every year to get the best price unless you go with a company like Airwire who's price does not change after 6/12 months.

Advertisement