Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Champion of Champions, 4th-10th November - ITV4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Great match. Hope we get the Ronnie v Judd final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

What channel is this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

ITV4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Any links online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭waynescales1

An O’Sullivan miscue? Literally never seen that before in my entire life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Delighted for Robertson, great break to finish.

Deserved win for Robertson, played well. Few very good pots in that final break, after running out of position a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Thought Ronnie shouldve gone into pack shot before, wouldnt then have miscued....but then thats if me auntie had balls territory! Was a good match & good win for robbo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I wonder will Ronnie come back around this season. Everything seems a struggle at the moment. He always said he'd give up when things got that way. Seems very agitated on and off the table too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Great match. I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Robertson V Trump would be nice for Sunday. I'm enjoying Trump a lot these days. Need someone like that when Ronnie finally bows out.

Ronnie played some brilliant stuff over the last two days. A bit erratic! But as always great to watch on the table. Please just allow him to not do the media afterwards :)

• Advertisement

Phil Yates observing that the top half of the table looked like it “had measles” when all the reds were clustered up there. You just don’t know what he’s gonna say.

Surprised there isn’t more support for Mark Allen, he is Irish after all.

Woeful red there from Allen at the beginning of frame 2.

Thats phil yates for you. A total pox of a commentator if you ask me.

Fear for the pistol here, match could get away very quickly here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

Some turn around here for Mark Allen. Looked like he was out of it in the first 3 frames and now Trump is even getting a look in. 3-3. Come on Mark!

Yeah that was some century there, Allen cueing beautifully now.

Clive Everton back in the hotseat now, class.

316 points without reply. Trump not potted a ball since that kick in frame 3. Fair to say my concerns about match getting away from mark were ever so slightly misplaced!

That kick at 4-3 was tough on Allen, gave away too many frames earlier on in the match though.

Think I’ll root for Robertson tomorrow.

Allen was very unlucky, was controlling that 9th frame really well until the fluke. Trump becoming very resilient though, was a time he might have thrown towel in after losing 4 on the spin. Much harder to beat now even when not quite on his A game.

Didn’t agree with that call by the referee not to call a miss when Robertson was in a horrendous snooker. Trump only got 8 foul points from it. Could have been 20-30.

Didn’t agree with that call by the referee not to call a miss when Robertson was in a horrendous snooker. Trump only got 8 foul points from it. Could have been 20-30.

Didnt see it, but as a general rule, you'll always get division on the miss rule. Some applaud a referee for not calling it, others think it should be called a miss unless or until snookers required. Perennial grey area.

Didnt see it, but as a general rule, you'll always get division on the miss rule. Some applaud a referee for not calling it, others think it should be called a miss unless or until snookers required. Perennial grey area.

Simple solution. A miss will be called until a minimum number of foul points have been reached, say 20 (unless snookers comes first). Hence the player gets the benefit from their tough snooker, but the snookered player isn’t trapped until snookers are required.

• Advertisement

Why did judd play the brown so hard? Ended up more than a foot wrong side of the blue! Just make sure of pot and leave a longer blue, going for too many hero shots there.

Simple solution. A miss will be called until a minimum number of foul points have been reached, say 20 (unless snookers comes first). Hence the player gets the benefit from their tough snooker, but the snookered player isn’t trapped until snookers are required.

Not bad. Does leave issue of a player not having to bother getting close on 6th go however, given miss could not then be called. But an interesting way of addressing it nonetheless.

Not bad. Does leave issue of a player not having to bother getting close on 6th go however, given miss could not then be called. But an interesting way of addressing it nonetheless.

Well, a miss won’t be called on condition that the referee is satisfied that a genuine attempt to escape was made, and perhaps comes close enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Thought she did very well with this call. Would like to see this kind of initiative from the refs more often. It was a great effort by Robertson, very close to the red.

Thought she did very well with this call. Would like to see this kind of initiative from the refs more often. It was a great effort by Robertson, very close to the red.

He didn’t hit it though. I think this kind of approach is unfair on the player laying the snooker.

Simplest thing is just call miss until object ball hit or snookers required. Not perfect but at least no grey areas. As it stands, refs have discretion but how many actually use it? In that situation today how many refs would have not called the miss? I remember mark king getting very frustrated with a miss not being called in a match last year and could understand why. Its not often you get these situations but the potential is there for a major flashpoint at a critical point in a big match somewhere and a ref has a big call to make.

Agree with Hendry. Tight match but trump just seems to have that extra gear. Dont see him losing from here.

7-7, really could go either way I think.

Great pot on blue by judd but same old robbo for me with all the negative safety shots. Judd becoming a frighteningly good safety player, great to watch.

• Advertisement

Did not see that coming. Been some match this.

Advertisement