Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunbed fan

• 04-11-2019 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭

I've only used sunbeds a few times for the vitamin D benefits ( Megasun 7900) and I only use them for 5-6 mins at a time. I've never been burned before but I got burned when I used one on Saturday. I was trying to change the audio track and I turned the fan up, could this have caused it?

Comments

Every single instance of sunbed use raises your risk of skin cancers. The tan is a symptom of your skin trying to defend against ultraviolet radiation damage, not a beneficial result. Any benefit a sunbed confers in terms of vitamin D can be gotten from minimal sunlight exposure or supplementation. UV radiation is a mutagen, it literally alters your DNA putting you at risk of developing cancer and sunbeds are more dangerous than sunlight. At the very least it will be the cause of extrinsic ageing that will see you look much older than your age going forward.

If you have read material on the benefits of sunbed use, the likelihood of it not being commissioned by the sunbed industry is minimal. If you have any doubts about the dangers, ask a dermatologist or your GP.

You're burnt now and you can't undo the damage that's done, so please don't add to it. I can't understand how sunbeds are legal given the risks. There is no 'safe' level of use.

Advertisement