Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another phishing scam?

Options
  • 04-11-2019 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

I got  a text on Saturday from "365ONLINE" pic below.
    Almost absentmindedly clicked through but caught myself on before entering the PIN. 
    To be fair it's not even that well done but nearly got me.
    Just a headsup to others the latest one doing the rounds

If this is the wrong place to post maybe mods can move

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch and letting us know about this.

We're aware of some phishing text messages being sent claiming to be from BOI. You're absolutely right, the above text is not from us and we would never send you any texts/emails with links to 365 or ask you for personal/account information.

I understand that you did not disclose your PIN or any info but we would advise having an anti-virus scan run over the phone just to be sure that your device is not compromised.

We will pass this on to our security team and if you receive any further texts of this nature we would really appreciate it if you could email it to us at 365security@boi.com

Thanks again for the heads up on this.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement