If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OLED TV for ~€1500

Options
  • 04-11-2019 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I'm looking at 55" OLED TVs for around €1500, and have seen the LG's B9 and C9, as well as the Panasonic GZ950.
    Will be mainly used for movies/series, with the occasional TV shows, no gaming.
    sitting about 3m from the TV, so I understand that 65" would be recommended, but 65" OLEDs are out of budget.
    Is there one of these 3 above you would recommend more than the other? Is the difference between the C9 and the B9 worth the €200 difference?
    Any non-OLED you'd be happy to recommend for my usage?
    And is there any special prices for RS VIP members by any chance?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Janma wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking at 55" OLED TVs for around €1500, and have seen the LG's B9 and C9, as well as the Panasonic GZ950.
    sitting about 3m from the TV, so I understand that 65" would be recommended, but 65" OLEDs are out of budget.
    Is there one of these 3 above you would recommend more than the other? Is the difference between the C9 and the B9 worth the €200 difference?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi

Thanks for the post the post.  The major difference between the b9 and the c9 is the processor.  The C9 has the faster alpha 9 processor while the B9 uses the A7 processor.  The benefit of the faster processor will be an improvement in both picture and sound quality.  Certainly the C9 is an upgrade over the B9's already excellent picture quality. 

In an LED screen I would be looking at the likes of the Sony KD55xg9505 https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203868-sony-bravia-kd55xg9505-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx .  This does have the benefit of using Android as the operating system, which gives the advantage of a wider range of apps.  However while the Sony has very good picture quality, the lg OLED's are hard to beat for picture quality

Regards Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Janma

Hi,

Thanks in advance.
    Hi

Thanks for the post the post.  The major difference between the b9 and the c9 is the processor.  The C9 has the faster alpha 9 processor while the B9 uses the A7 processor.  The benefit of the faster processor will be an improvement in both picture and sound quality.  Certainly the C9 is an upgrade over the B9's already excellent picture quality. 

In an LED screen I would be looking at the likes of the Sony KD55xg9505 https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203868-sony-bravia-kd55xg9505-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx .  This does have the benefit of using Android as the operating system, which gives the advantage of a wider range of apps.  However while the Sony has very good picture quality, the lg OLED's are hard to beat for picture quality

Regards Stephen
    Thanks for the reply Stephen - how does the GZ950 compare to the B9/C9?

The GZ950 is an excellent tv too.  It has a Freesat approved tuner built in so if you wish to connect it to a satellite dish it should be 100% compatible with the Freesat service. 

It also features Pansonic's HCX Pro Intelligent Sensor which will improve picture accuracy

Regards Stephen

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif] [/font]

The GZ950 is an excellent tv too.  It has a Freesat approved tuner built in so if you wish to connect it to a satellite dish it should be 100% compatible with the Freesat service. 

It also features Pansonic's HCX Pro Intelligent Sensor which will improve picture accuracy

Regards Stephen

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif] [/font]
    Ok, perfect, thanks Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Apart from different design and better speakers in C9, B9 and C9 will be indistinguishable in everyday use, but both will have a marginally worse picture quality than the Panasonic. Panasonic has a much better near-blacks handling than any other OLED manufacturer.

• Advertisement

grogi wrote: »
    Apart from different design and better speakers in C9, B9 and C9 will be indistinguishable in everyday use, but both will have a marginally worse picture quality than the Panasonic. Panasonic has a much better near-blacks handling than any other OLED manufacturer.
    Thanks for your input grogi, much appreciated! 

grogi wrote: »
    Thanks for your input grogi, much appreciated! 
    Thanks Janma, if you have any other queries about the TVs don't hesitate to drop me a post.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.