Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Waterford City for a month

Options
  • 04-11-2019 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

Aquos76 banned me for posting 'you can't mute the truth'. Then, didn't reply to my message querying this. I dispute this month's ban as it's too severe and didn't warrant one in the first place.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

When did you PM the mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

02-11-2019, 14:27

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thank you

I will alert the CMods

Please be prepared to share your PM with whoever deals with this appeal

Unfortunately there are no Region CMods available at present. In the circumstances I will look at this for you. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome you may then request another Admin have a look at this

As a first step could you either forward the PM you sent to the mod to me, or copy its contents here

Thanks

Re: You have been banned
    I want to appeal this 1-month ban, too extreme for a five word post.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquos76
    Dear vriesmays,

You have been banned from Waterford City for one month for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Aquos76

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vriesmays View Post
    You can't mute the truth.

• Advertisement

I understand the mod has now got back to you explaining the ban was for more than that specific post, but a general negative approach when posting about Waterford

I've therefore taken the opportunity to review some of your posts in the forum, and set out some examples below:

2 November
    vriesmays wrote: »
    The problem with Waterford City is too much ambition.
    Fate not faith, Waterford City is like a urinal close to the floor with everyone pissing too high.

A post deleted by a mod as not relating to the underlying topic:
    Waterford could do with another direct provision.

May have been a few months ago, but indicative of the attitude you show towards the city:
    There's a diversity meet-and-greet in Longford today. That town has a 30% non-national population. Any of you non-nutjobs heading up to this event.

A few weeks ago you received a red card for referring to investment in a new bridge as
    Another suicide bridge.

So you adopt a generally negative approach towards many things in Waterford, and this has been commented on by users (in reported posts) as well as the mods when dealing with your behaviour

I can certainly see where the mods are coming from in applying a 1 month ban, but before finalising my decision on this appeal I would invite your own comments about your behaviour, and any changes you may wish to make to your posting style within the forum

A month ban is too long.

Where does it say only positive posts allowed in the Waterford City forum.

All my posts you quoted are fairly accurate.

Too much ambition:
    That town wants a university/docklands development/big statue/new mortuary/extended airport/ new cardiac unit/railway station.

Suicide bridge:
    There will be deaths off a new bridge across that river.

Another direct provision:
    That town (with nearby Tramore) has more DPs than Dublin. It's also declared itself as an official sanctuary for asylum seekers.

What's wrong with adopting a negative approach to things in Waterford.
    They've been looking for a university since the 1950s but if you point out that Ireland now has too many they shout troll.

TBH if you wish to post predominantly negative things about Waterford I would be happy to support a permanent ban. It winds other posters up (and I can see plenty of evidence of that in reported posts) and has an overall negative impact on the forum

I would agree that on the face of it a month appears long certainly for the single post you picked up the card on. My own view is this is a situation where we can look to reduce the ban, but only if you commit to review your own posting within the forum, and aim to avoid in getting into situations like this again. If you can make no such commitment I would support a longer sanction if you return to this sort of behaviour when your current ban is up

In summary - the choices I am offering are:
    1. If you commit to reforming your posting style to avoid getting into this situation again I would be prepared to lift the ban based on "time served"
    2. If you are unable to make such a commitment I would uphold the ban

Either way, if you continue posting in that style I would expect your posting privileges in the forum to be removed, possibly permanently, on recurrence of this sort of behaviour

Advertisement