Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mice in apartment, landlord won't close gaps

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Graces7 wrote: »
    It worked for me in a serious infestation problem, combined with traps. And later with rats. These critters have set " runs" so blocking these works. Wire wool and crushed tin cans

Now I have great hunter cats... No more mice or rats.

The OP is on the 4th floor of an apartment block- the entirety of which is infested with the vermin. Hence my analogy that blocking a particular hole was akin to holding back a dyke with your finger. It doesn't really matter what the OP does- if the rest of the building is not dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The OP is on the 4th floor of an apartment block- the entirety of which is infested with the vermin. Hence my analogy that blocking a particular hole was akin to holding back a dyke with your finger. It doesn't really matter what the OP does- if the rest of the building is not dealt with.

Yes I understood that. But mice have runs and blocking local holes will prevent/ .limit access while the landlord gets his act together if he ever does. I have had serious infestations in other houses and this worked. Trapped 12 one night. Blocked the holes and that stopped them coming in. Never another mouse in that house

• Registered Users Posts: 34 oppy30

You want a major disassembly of cabinets etc, in support of a short term measure for your apartment?
    The point is, I can't say if this work is going to be major - it could be that a good construction worker could have a look around and fix what is fixable in one afternoon. I don't have a lot of experience with this admittedly. Of course I don't want to tear down the whole kitchen as a short term measure - it wouldn't be worth the hassle for me let alone my landlord. I'd be content with a worker having a look and estimating the work for starters.

Advertisement