If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice and quote for turntable

Options
  • 04-11-2019 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi,
    i have a sony STR-DH810 amp (that doesn't have a phono connection) and am looking for a turntable to hook up to it.
    Something basic, as I don't need bluetooth, usb, etc. but will need a pre-amp.

I was looking at both the Sony pslx300 and the Audio Technica LP699XUSB and was wondering if you would recommend one over the other? Or is it worth going more expensive?

i prefer the look of the AT, but would the Sony be more compatible with an existing Sony system?

And could you quote me for delivery to Cork, Stg. or Euro, which ever it best?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi thanks for the post.

In truth both units are very similar, and there is no compatibility advantage in going for the Sony over the LP60.  When you go up in price you will get better quality cartridges, stylus, and tone arms which will lead to a better sounding turntable.  

I have both the sony and the lp60 in stock, they are both priced at £119 and I would deliver them free of charge for you

Regards Stephen  

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Thanks, order placed for the AT

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks,  order placed for the AT
    Thanks for the order LF!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.