Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time registering VAT/Business

Options
  • 04-11-2019 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Myself and my partner have started running a small music promotion business you could say, in the last few months,

Basically booking music artists/DJs from other countries, at the moment they only cost around the 2k mark.

A booking agent has stated we should register for VAT as otherwise the booking fees will be twice the price.

Anyone have any tips for registering our business for the first time along with VAT?
    Can you do this voluntarily? The gross income of the business would be supposedly 7-10k over the next year.

Any major tips or advice I need to know?

Thanks!

Disclaimer: What's the handiest, fastest way to register your business/VAT as partnership?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Thank you, I found the TR2 form and that's all fine, Do you need to register a business name with CRO first or can you go ahead and apply for VAT number?.. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Thank you, I found the TR2 form and that's all fine, Do you need to register a business name with CRO first or can you go ahead and apply for VAT number?.. thanks!

Have you set up a company? If you are already set up as a company, VAT is easy. Are you set up for Ros (ros.ie)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

is_that_so wrote: »
    Have you set up a company? If you are already set up as a company, VAT is easy. Are you set up for Ros (ros.ie)?

Im set up for Ros yeah, as an employee if that makes any difference.

We haven't registered a company no. That's why I'm kinda wondering where we start? Can you go ahead and set up the tax Vat registration without 'registering' your business/name?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 onlinepal100

If this is 2 people working together then only 1 will apply for VAT registration and accrue reporting and perhaps financial liabilities in that regard UNLESS you form a company.

Happy to provide some guidance if you PM me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement