Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog peeing in the living room

• 04-11-2019 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭

Alright Lads,
    Any advise here.

I have a Shih Tzu Pomeranian mix (Sam), hes 16 yoa(adult years now).

He's toilet trained(as you'd expect) and usually scrapes the door when he wants to go out.

But in the last two weeks there's no of that, he literally just went to the toilet on the living room floor and stared at us when he was doing it.

This is the third time in the last two weeks he's done it and I think its no coincidence this started when the feckin fireworks started going off on the streets.

What can I do here, cos he's obviously scared ****less to go outside.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Snorlaxx wrote: »
    Alright Lads,
    Any advise here.

I have a Shih Tzu Pomeranian mix (Sam), hes 16 yoa(adult years now).

He's toilet trained(as you'd expect) and usually scrapes the door when he wants to go out.

But in the last two weeks there's no of that, he literally just went to the toilet on the living room floor and stared at us when he was doing it.

This is the third time in the last two weeks he's done it and I think its no coincidence this started when the feckin fireworks started going off on the streets.

What can I do here, cos he's obviously scared ****less to go outside.

Given his age .. I’d bring him to the vet to get checked .. he could be just scared of the fireworks as you mentioned.. or he could have a UTI.. or could be something more sinister.. kidney issues, or something else.

Given his age .. if I’m reading it right .. 16 which is quiet senior.. I’d get urine tests carried out and then if your none the wiser request full bloods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Snorlaxx

cocker5 wrote: »

Given his age .. if I’m reading it right .. 16 which is quiet senior.. I’d get urine tests carried out and then if your none the wiser request full bloods.

Yea he's very senior, we got him in 2005 and he was already 2yoa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Snorlaxx wrote: »
    Yea he's very senior, we got him in 2005 and he was already 2yoa

Don’t get me wrong 16 is amazing.. but given his excellent age I’d be concerned it could be other issues going on... honestly you had him
    For 14 with no issues in terms of toilet training usually any change in behavior ... especially in older dogs needs a check up x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Vet to be safe and i'd take a sample along with you if you can get one to save time so they can dip it straight away! We had similar with Bailey a couple of years ago he was just to afraid to go out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Snorlaxx

Yea thats the impression I'm getting, he was at the back door a few secs ago and I opened the door and he ran straight back into the living room :-(

• Advertisement
Advertisement