Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Recommendation disabled mother

• 05-11-2019 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to source a phone for my mother who has MS, she has poor motor functions and prefers an older style number pad phone (hands are too shaky for touchscreen) she currently uses an Alcatel 2008G.

She has been feeling left out lately as all of her sisters and us kids are on WhatsApp and she can't see all the lovely pictures etc so im trying to source one that will support it.

So to summarize am looking for a button phone with basic networking that supports WhatsApp. (Even just enough so I can set her up with WhatsApp web on her laptop)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

1. Get an old smartphone discarded by the family
    2. Get a PAYG sim
    3. Top up and make a call 1x per 6 months
    4. Set up whatsapp with that number and plug the phone in somewhere to keep it alive (on wifi ofc)

Permanent WhatsappWeb without your mam trying to navigate a touch screen.

Advertisement