Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Series 4 won't update to OS6 with an iPhone 6

Options
  • 05-11-2019 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Anybody else caught in this situation?

From what I can gather the watchOS6 update will allow the watch to update independently from the phone for all future updates which makes the situation all the more frustrating :mad:

I would upgrade the phone but seeing as the iPhone11 is not offering 5G it seems pointless to upgrade now when 5G versions should be on the market next September.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Tim76 wrote: »
    Anybody else caught in this situation?

From what I can gather the watchOS6 update will allow the watch to update independently from the phone for all future updates which makes the situation all the more frustrating :mad:

I would upgrade the phone but seeing as the iPhone11 is not offering 5G it seems pointless to upgrade now when 5G versions should be on the market next September.

Could you do a back up.
    Give it to a friend with a newer phone on a newer iOS (Temp).
    Let them pair it to their phone.
    Do the update, then return it back to your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

kceire wrote: »
    Could you do a back up.
    Give it to a friend with a newer phone on a newer iOS (Temp).
    Let them pair it to their phone.
    Do the update, then return it back to your phone?

I considered that but I think if I do it then I won’t be able to use the watch with my existing phone as the new watch OS is only compatible with an OS13 phone.

Advertisement