Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blacklist - what are the implications? How to delist?

Options
  • 05-11-2019 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

According to Blacklist.ie my MacBook Pro, iPhone and Windows laptop are all blacklisted.

Blacklist.ie checks about twenty blacklisting sites, and my devices are listed on three of them; Barracuda and SORBS (twice). All the other sites are Not Listed.

1. Could this be a reason why I cannot send emails to eircom.net addresses without them going straight to the recipients spam folder?

2. How might I have become blacklisted? (One of the SORBS listings dates back to 2008)

3. How can I get delisted?

Many thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭emaherx

Dinarius wrote: »
    According to Blacklist.ie my MacBook Pro, iPhone and Windows laptop are all blacklisted.

Blacklist.ie checks about twenty blacklisting sites, and my devices are listed on three of them; Barracuda and SORBS (twice). All the other sites are Not Listed.

1. Could this be a reason why I cannot send emails to eircom.net addresses without them going straight to the recipients spam folder?

2. How might I have become blacklisted? (One of the SORBS listings dates back to 2008)

3. How can I get delisted?

Many thanks.

D.

What do you mean your devices are blacklisted?

It's IP addresses not Mac addresses that get blacklisted. All or nearly all dynamic IP addresses will appear on some blacklists often just because they are from dynamic ranges for domestic end users so unless you have a static IP I wouldn't worry about it.

Advertisement