Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Having followed this thread over the last two weeks, I think more than a little consideration has to go to the possibility that utter incompetence is a factor here.

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if they have no clue on some of the orders, what went through and what didn't and who got phones etc and are unable to accurately determine where to issue refunds hence the manual requests. That said it could be just someone on the phone also being incompetent and giving wrong information. The customer service centers, in general, seem unbelievably terrible judging from this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

Showed as dispatched, this morning, now back to “ Your order is being processed“.
    maki wrote: »
    Mine did the exact same, but it actually was dispatched. In fact it's still sitting on "Your order is being processed" even though I've received the phone.
    TimHorton wrote: »
    Same here , If you saw dispatched at some point expect delivery tomorrow - Phone arrived today but its a present for my son for Christmas so it will remailn unopened until the big day.

Same here. Went from dispatched to being processed and I started to worry.
    But shop had the phone.
    Still being processed even though I now have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Up on Adverts now, one user, djan, is selling for 300 and has just posted this "Just to update, there are 3 more Pixel 3A available"

Quite a few Huawei P30 Lite's going for 200-250

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

scudzilla wrote: »
    Up on Adverts now, one user, djan, is selling for 300 and has just posted this "Just to update, there are 3 more Pixel 3A available"

Frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Just updated to android 10...top buy...thanks OP...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

flexcon wrote:
    Frustrating.

Tell me about it. I let folks know a couple of nights back that orders were being processed again. And then mine was cancelled while others were successful that same night. Frustrated would mildly describe how I feel. Even worse I ordered safety casing from eBay for a phone I don't have

Tell me about it. I let folks know a couple of nights back that orders were being processed again. And then mine was cancelled while others were successful that same night. Frustrated would mildly describe how I feel. Even worse I ordered safety casing from eBay for a phone I don't have

Sorry Bake. I probably now have the phone due to your post. I hadn't tried ordering before then as others had posted about the payment block. So I had no order history.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I saw this ad when it went up and knew straight away what was up. A few offers of €179 should be thrown at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BoxingFan009

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I saw this ad when it went up and knew straight away what was up. A few offers of €179 should be thrown at him.

I’m willing if you guys are.

I’m willing if you guys are.
    En route

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭xtal191

Don't think I'd have a problem with him/her selling them for 200 but 300 is taking the piss if they got it for 179

xtal191 wrote: »
    Don't think I'd have a problem with him/her selling them for 200 but 300 is taking the piss if they got it for 179

€200 sounds fair. That way he makes something and we still get a deal.

€200 sounds fair. That way he makes something and we still get a deal.

Scratch that, the €179 offers have already started. 3 already (including mine).

xtal191 wrote: »

Honestly, it's the principle of it. He's done 3 other folk who wanted it out of it for the sake of a buck. We had this a year or two ago with the PS4's in Argos, I fought against it then because there was folk who genuinely wanted one who couldn't get one as they were snapped up for resale.

In general, I have zero problem with somebody grabbing a bargain and putting a small few quid on it. But almost doubling it is scummy.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Honestly, it's the principle of it. He's done 3 other folk who wanted it out of it for the sake of a buck. We had this a year or two ago with the PS4's in Argos, I fought against it then because there was folk who genuinely wanted one who couldn't get one as they were snapped up for resale.

In general, I have zero problem with somebody grabbing a bargain and putting a small few quid on it. But almost doubling it is scummy.

True. Especially considering his multiple purchases directly affected our ability to buy one. Meaning it cost us the €10-€20 we had to spend to get a SIM card and the painful hours/and money spent on the phone to Vodafone customer care. All affecting us guys who just wanted to buy one.

Similar tactic being used by Gadget spot on Adverts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Pekarirska

In stock on bill pay upgrades. Out of stock on pay as you go switchers.

Pekarirska wrote: »
    In stock on bill pay upgrades. Out of stock on pay as you go switchers.

Bill pay upgrade is min €40 a month for 24 months. So at least €360 extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭NewClareman

Weltsmertz wrote: »
    Same here. Went from dispatched to being processed and I started to worry.
    But shop had the phone.
    Still being processed even though I now have it.
    Showed as dispatched, this morning, now back to “ Your order is being processed“.
    maki wrote: »
    Mine did the exact same, but it actually was dispatched. In fact it's still sitting on "Your order is being processed" even though I've received the phone.
    TimHorton wrote: »
    Same here , If you saw dispatched at some point expect delivery tomorrow - Phone arrived today but its a present for my son for Christmas so it will remailn unopened until the big day.

Just delivered by Mr Post - brilliant result, thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Motormadcork

Hi all, has anyone any success in unlocking the Huawei P30 Lite from Vodafone ? I've seen the listings on eBay etc but was unsure if they actually "worked". Would appreciate any suggestions or a point in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

You can report the thread for profiteering. Not sure how much use that will be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

BillyBird wrote: »
    You can report the thread for profiteering. Not sure how much use that will be.

Not against the rules on Adverts.ie

Am I silly to be checking the site once an hour? I see they are available for billPay so the stock is there, just not for PrePay.

I was one of those whose accounts was blocked for future orders since I attempted so many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

Pacifico wrote: »
    Not against the rules on Adverts.ie

From the rules on Adverts.ie

Profiteering: Attempting to sell an item above the Recommended Retail Price (RRP)

Who sets the RRP for the Pixel 3a?

In any case , while profiteering is against the rules, they'll only pull the advert for tickets. Not sure why that is the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

You left out the bit after...it's not against the rules. And technically the RRP on the Pixel is 399 so still under that. It just happens to be available on a porting offer at 180

"Attempting to sell an item above the Recommended Retail Price (RRP)
    Adverts.ie is a community marketplace and does not encourage profiteering.
    We will not however remove the listing and we leave it up to the buyer to decide on whether to make an offer or not. "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

He has posted in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Just collected my 3A tell you one thing it was an emotional experience!

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

djan wrote: »
    This phone is all about the camera, which is similair to 500eur+ phones. The rest of it such as other hardware and aesthetics are IMO lacking. Still a steal!

Sell them all yet? How much profit did you pocket??

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

It's back in stock. Just ordered one.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

JackCDSt wrote:
    It's back in stock. Just ordered one.

Had asked to be notified via email when they became available. Just got the email and phone ordered. Fingers crossed it won't get cancelled again

• Advertisement

Had asked to be notified via email when they became available. Just got the email and phone ordered. Fingers crossed it won't get cancelled again

Yeah, same. Just placed order. All new details except for the porting number.

Fingers crossed

Advertisement