Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

So I just got 2 texts one from Vodafone saying you port is not completed please contact us to complete it. Second one from the Vodafone store I had requested it be delivered to saying my order is ready for collection.
    Can I just go collect it and forget the port now I wonder hmmmmmm....

Same issue here:

I ported from eir to vodaphone to get this deal. This morning I got the message that the port was rejected by eir. The number is active, I have €10 balance on it. I called vodaphone they again tried couple of times, still the port was rejected by eir automated service.

The vodaphone support said my number may only be partially active. Not sure what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭breeno

Any idea how long they take to get to store for pickup? I got the dispatch text yesterday at 2. Would it be there today by any chance in peoples experience (Henry St).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

emo72 wrote: »
    The page is down now?

Errors for a rake of the special offer phones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Same issue here:

I ported from eir to vodaphone to get this deal. This morning I got the message that the port was rejected by eir. The number is active, I have €10 balance on it. I called vodaphone they again tried couple of times, still the port was rejected by eir automated service.

The vodaphone support said my number may only be partially active. Not sure what to do.

Exactly the same here. If the phone is unlocked I'm not seeing any reason to port now.

Did you guys call in or did they phone you?

I got mine delivered to work

• Advertisement

masterK wrote: »
    Exactly the same here. If the phone is unlocked I'm not seeing any reason to port now.

I am yet to receive the phone, although money has been taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭GreyAlien

Ordered Friday, says via tracking it was dispatched yesterday. Post has come and gone today, so not sure if I'll be receiving it or not now. Unless it comes tomorrow due to some delay. Assuming deliveries are done by an post that is.

On a side note. My eir sim I used has gone dead. So I assume the port side was successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I ordered two phone on saturday and received them. there were a few failed attempts also.

So in the end I got charged for 3 phones but only got two order confirmations. Not sure how I can complain when I have no reference for the failed but charged order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭daheff

Beersmith wrote: »
    I ordered two phone on saturday and received them. there were a few failed attempts also.

So in the end I got charged for 3 phones but only got two order confirmations. Not sure how I can complain when I have no reference for the failed but charged order.

chargeback to your card issuer.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    I am yet to receive the phone, although money has been taken.

Guess what, just got the phone delivered. Not too bothered about porting now :)

Just to add, never got any dispatched notification, no text status is still - Your order is being processed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

daheff wrote: »
    chargeback to your card issuer.

How do you do that?

I have ordered a phone on Sunday. Charged twice, only got one order confirmation. On the status page one is "Your order is being processed" and the other "Your order has been cancelled".

rks wrote: »
    How do you do that?

I have ordered a phone on Sunday. Charged twice, only got one order confirmation. On the status page one is "Your order is being processed" and the other "Your order has been cancelled".

call your card issuer and explain to them whats happened.

they might ask you to give VF some time to refund, but i wouldn't let it go more than 2 weeks.

Also you should try contact VF to have them refund you.

call your card issuer and explain to them whats happened.

they might ask you to give VF some time to refund, but i wouldn't let it go more than 2 weeks.

Also you should try contact VF to have them refund you.

Good suggestion, this has worked for me before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Ordered Friday

Received today

All money looks refunded. I was told yesterday it was cancelled.

So...... What do I do? Say nothing?

just received my phone now.

Many thanks OP. Its been one hell of a rollercoaster. The last bit to get there is to have the phone actually be unlocked from VF network.....

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭breeno

Another happy customer here. Picked mine up at lunch after ordering Saturday. I must say my ordering experience was way better than some in this thread. Hope all get sorted with phones or refunds (or both like above!) soon.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭micks_address

just received my phone now.

Many thanks OP. Its been one hell of a rollercoaster. The last bit to get there is to have the phone actually be unlocked from VF network.....

Won't be locked to vf network

flexcon wrote: »
    Ordered Friday

Received today

All money looks refunded. I was told yesterday it was cancelled.

So...... What do I do? Say nothing?

The onus is onto Vodaphone to get the money. They may charge back later when they realize their mistake, if not happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

I ordered Friday, no phone today but my sim just went dead and the order says it has been dispatched!

:Excited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

does anyone want 2x€10 eir topup vouchers for €10?

I have no one in my family or friends circle on eir!

Can do paypal!

• Advertisement

a couple or three "entrepreneurs" have them up on adverts for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

As an aside (sorry!, but still related to Pixel 3A nonetheless), have any of the Telcos indicated if/when they'll have eSims available?

All I've seen so far is "not now but watch this space".
    I do realise that potentially eSims could be introduced alongside the 5G rollouts, as has been touted in various support channels online.
    However I haven't found anything concrete yet, more so just throwaway comments.

Anyone heard anything positive on this recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Well just picked mine up. Was asked for I'd and away I went. Number still not ported ah well I most likely won't now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

long_b wrote: »
    Errors for a rake of the special offer phones

Still throwing errors. Isn't that a bit... mental considering the week that's on it? From a missed sales point of view?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

So my pixel 3a arrived today. It's been a journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Can anyone post a personal review/opinion of the phone so far? Pros/cons?
    (Yes I've already watched a plethora of YouTube videos!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Beersmith wrote: »

Took 52min on call to Vodafone but they should be refunding me now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

biebiebie wrote: »
    Can anyone post a personal review/opinion of the phone so far? Pros/cons?
    (Yes I've already watched a plethora of YouTube videos!)

Pros: 1) €179
    2) Excellent camera

Cons: Its for the wife and will be broken within 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

I just got it, nice phone compared with Mi A2 lite....now installing android 10 :)...but looks flimsy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Got mine today, delivered by An Post. Order on Friday evening and at no stage (though I only checked once a day on Sunday and Monday) did the status of the order change from 'to be dispatched' or something similar).

Going to try it out for a few days and if I'm happy with it, as I expect to be, gonna sell my Oneplus 6T. Some might think that a step down but I'm disappointed in the 6T camera, much more important a feature for me than raw speed or bigger screen.

Advertisement