Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Looking to replace my Redmi Note 5,battery life getting bad. For under €300 is this the best phone available?
    Cheers,
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking to replace my Redmi Note 5,battery life getting bad. For under €300 is this the best phone available?
    Cheers,
    Pa

It's a mid-range phone with a plastic body, but has an excellent camera and associated software. For general work, communications, and photowork, an excellent phone. I would have bought it for ~ 280 EUR max were it not available on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TheMagicTurtle

Vodafone cancelled my order on Sunday as they said the phone was out of stock and then phone arrived in the post this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Arrived this morning, lovely turnaround time! Phone is great so far

• Registered Users Posts: 32 brianocon77

Whats is the logic they follow to process or cancel an order?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭PreCocious

It's a highly complex algorithm.

I had two orders placed - received order number and hold put on credit card. They never turned up and hold dropped off the card.

I believe they use a group of highly sophisticated manatees to sort through the orders. The manatees throw some of the orders into the order processing machine and the others into the order cancellation machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I tried everything but couldn't get ordered, different phone nums, different devices, different browsers etc. Only thing in common was our wifi, but still couldn't get to the payment screen, filled all in and failed there for some reason, just said there was an error and they couldn't proceed.
    Bizarrely, phone arrived this morn without a confirmation email. Delighted. Thanks op, again.

Is there a contract with these phones like 20e per month on Pay as you go? VF refers to a contract at order screen.

PreCocious wrote: »
    It's a highly complex algorithm.

I had two orders placed - received order number and hold put on credit card. They never turned up and hold dropped off the card.

Worst website ever seen across 8-10 countries I had lived in. Who designed is not an issue, why cant they improve is beyond comprehension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

The family guy manatees favoured me today, and Pixel 3a received without any problems. Also ended up with the back-up Mi 9 SE on same delivery from Amazon.

Is there a contract with these phones like 20e per month on Pay as you go? VF refers to a contract at order screen.

You select a PAYG plan, but you don't have to use it.

Order released for picking - 2020-08-18T17:37:52.000+01:00

finally a status different than cancelled...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've tried to order an Eir sim twice and both times it's never arrived. Any other suggestions for someone who'll actually post a sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

I've tried to order an Eir sim twice and both times it's never arrived. Any other suggestions for someone who'll actually post a sim?

Lyra post it out free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

What a strange website.
    Tried to register but this failed half way through with "unknown error".
    Tried again but this now failed as email was already "in use".
    Could not login with email as no password had been recorded.

Managed to order the phone using a different email but could not register a vodafone account using that email as could not get vodafone to send the security token to register - another "unknown error".
    Naturally no email to confirm the order and no tracking number. Money being taken from my account was the only indication that there had been any transaction.
    The phone however arrived this morning. Ordered Sunday night and received Wednesday morning.
    Used a spare 48 SIM to "transfer my number" so no need to put credit on the SIM.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Placed order Tuesday afternoon for the first time, used the Lyra card.

No email confirmation are anything.

Phone delivered this morning.

Luck of the draw I guess.

So as expected, money deducted twice and 2 phone received. Anyone managed to sell to CEX. Do not wanna go through hassel of a return and impossible refund process?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

So as expected, money deducted twice and 2 phone received. Anyone managed to sell to CEX. Do not wanna go through hassel of a return and impossible refund process?

No issue with cex, they will take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Put it up on adverts.ie at €129 and you could have a buyer at your door in minutes. Saves you leaving the house to go to cex!

Edit: I just seen cex will give you €171 cash for it so it's up to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 boobazingaboo

lads is this phone sim free or is it locked to vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭glen123

lads is this phone sim free or is it locked to vodafone?

sim free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

I'll take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TJ_M

Not available is the current status

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I'd be interested as well if anyone has a spare/received two...

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Anyone know if stock had run out before on the Vodafone site? What's the chances of more stock next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Anyone know if stock had run out before on the Vodafone site? What's the chances of more stock next week...

Yeah has happened at least twice in the last number of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

How does this compare to my current Samsung A50 4gb/128gb phone, performance, screen and camera wise?

• Advertisement

How does this compare to my current Samsung A50 4gb/128gb phone, performance, screen and camera wise?

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/galaxy-a50-vs-pixel-3a,review-6599.html

Or any other number of comparison sites.

Advertisement