Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Basil3 wrote: »
    They never have a clue in the shops. I used to go into a Vodafone shop on the day of a release of an HTC phone, they would know nothing about it.....I'd get them to go and check out the back and there would be the phone sitting in their delivery.

Last October when I was trying to track down a 3a in a shop in Dublin (because the website was a disaster), no shops ever had any stock. They used to always say they might get some in their next delivery, but they never did.

No direct phone number to a store says it all ! Very bad store model

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I checked Dun Laoghaire today and no luck. I asked if they could check Omni and they said something about it not being the same type of shop so they can't check their system :confused:

They said Bray are out of them too, but I think there's stock in Arklow and Fermoy... or maybe they said they were all out of them, I can't remember now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

cormie wrote: »
    I checked Dun Laoghaire today and no luck. I asked if they could check Omni and they said something about it not being the same type of shop so they can't check their system :confused:

They said Bray are out of them too, but I think there's stock in Arklow and Fermoy... or maybe they said they were all out of them, I can't remember now :pac:

I thought Dun Laoghaire closed down!
    Thanks for the update though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gussieg

i got one in Navan, had to buy a voucher as well but didnt have to top it up there and then , was trying to ask me to pay 180 at first, but when i went out to consult with my financial advisor, he came out and said i could still get it per the online promotion price. so it is now chargin and i am after ordering yet another amazon dot at 9 quid plus a months music unlimited.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭satya

If anyone has one of the Google Pixel 3A that they have as Extra Unopned and not used, I am happy to pay the price and take it off you.

• Advertisement

gussieg wrote: »
    i got one in Navan, had to buy a voucher as well but didnt have to top it up there and then , was trying to ask me to pay 180 at first, but when i went out to consult with my financial advisor, he came out and said i could still get it per the online promotion price. so it is now chargin and i am after ordering yet another amazon dot at 9 quid plus a months music unlimited.

I could not order the dot got typical error others are getting on the other thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pixel3a

shmeee wrote: »
    Battery isn't great?

I'm using the Pixel 3A since the day this thread started last year and I'm finding it excellent.

Get a day which is all I want from my phone and would be mid-heavy user.

One of the best bargins to every grace this forum!

I would 100% buy the phone in the morning if anything happened to it. The battery could be a bit bigger, but it is likely sufficient for 95% of people

I'm waiting on a SIM to arrive from 48 to have when the 3a is back in stock, soon hopefully!

Anyone that has possibly changed over from a Samsung Galaxy to the 3a, would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭wassie

Anyone that maintains an overseas number, the Pixel 3a is a dual sim phone, except that the second sim slot is an 'e-sim'.

Whilst no Irish telco's facilitate this technology (as usual alway behind the rest of the world), if your overseas provider supports esim, then you will be able set this up very easy - just need a wifi connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gussieg

wassie wrote: »
    Anyone that maintains an overseas number, the Pixel 3a is a dual sim phone, except that the second sim slot is an 'e-sim'.

Whilst no Irish telco's facilitate this technology (as usual alway behind the rest of the world), if your overseas provider supports esim, then you will be able set this up very easy - just need a wifi connection.

Wha? How does it work ? Does that mean we can't just fling another micro Sim in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭wassie

Yes - An eSIM is exactly what it sounds like: An (e)lectronic SIM. Instead of a physical SIM card, SIM technology is built into a small chip on your phone that’s used to authenticate your identity with your carrier. There is a procedure to follow, but basically you are provided a code by your carrier which is then authenticated over wifi and voilà - your phone service is activated.

Seems Google have been doing it since the Pixel 2, latest iPhones also. They have published a list of carriers that support esim here: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT209096

My Irish physical sim is used for everything (calls/data/texts), but occasionally I need to use my overseas phone number to receive 2FA security codes via text.

Friend of mine who put me on to this is from UK and has an service with EE. As she lives in Dublin, her UK service is roaming in EU so doesnt cost her any more. Plus her calls to UK show up as a UK number.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭hanloj1

The phone isn't in the three Shops in Galway city. They aren't hopeful it'll be back in either as it's an old phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Just got this in Arklow. Thanks for the heads up.

Awesome, did you pay 130 yourself then? Do you know had they more in stock at all?

Also, does anyone know, is it possible to just to not bother to get a spare disposable sim to do the switch to vodafone, but instead DO actually switch to some 30 day plan and then just switch back after, so you haven't had to bother with getting a spare sim, but I guess then it's hassle becuase your current provider sim would die and you'd need to get a replacement when switching back?

Awesome, did you pay 130 yourself then? Do you know had they more in stock at all?

Also, does anyone know, is it possible to just to not bother to get a spare disposable sim to do the switch to vodafone, but instead DO actually switch to some 30 day plan and then just switch back after, so you haven't had to bother with getting a spare sim, but I guess then it's hassle becuase your current provider sim would die and you'd need to get a replacement when switching back?

Yes, and you can also try this method. :)

€150. Had to get €20 credit in the shop and it had to be put directly on the new SIM or wouldn't get the €100 off the phone. It had to be a number from a different provider also.

Didn't ask about more stock because I was told they had no stock when I first went in but mysteriously stock was very easily found when I pushed.

Thanks for the replies. Damn that sounds like hassle. I wonder have they been asked to insist on that, or is that just the worker in the shop itself imposing their own way?

Thanks for the replies. Damn that sounds like hassle. I wonder have they been asked to insist on that, or is that just the worker in the shop itself imposing their own way?
    The person in the shop said it was the rules that had to be followed and for some things I questioned said the system wouldn't let them proceed without doing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Can anyone recommend where to get a replacement screen in Dublin? Dropped my and outside screen shattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Selling a white 3A soon, 5 months old as new condition. if anyone interested drop me a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭satya

PM sent

Folks does anyone know what info they request in store when signing up? I'm hoping to get this for a relative and hoping I can just go in with a sim, switch over, pay €130 and not need to give any bank or address details?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Please dont anyone pay over the odds to people trying to make a quick buck (aka unwanted present). Vodafone back in stock online, fill yer boots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

How do you order this without the recurring cost?

pissed wrote: »
    How do you order this without the recurring cost?

Just buy it, there's no recurring costs. You choose a PAYG plan, but don't have to use it.

Bloody hell no error and charge 131 something this time ! Will it arrive ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

I love their maths. €229.99 - €100 = €131.62

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭joejoew

I love their maths. €229.99 - €100 = €131.62

The difference is vat change on €100 so their systems have really made a mess of that!

No email no way to track order ! The drama begins !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Do you have to be a Vodafone customer to avail of this offer?
    Also, is the Huawei P30 lite (also with €100 off offer) sim-free?

Advertisement