Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet issues - Boy - Almost 4 years old.

• 05-11-2019 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

A query, if you don’t mind.

My son is 4 in February 2020, we started toilet training him shortly after his 3rd birthday, earlier this year.

He’s hit and miss right now but my query relates to his poos.

There will be times where he will clearly be pooing in his pants (on the couch, or just while he’s playing), yet when we say “come on, let’s go to the toilet” – he’ll really dig his heels in and say “no, nothing’s coming” or something to that effect. We’ll get to the toilet and he’ll apologise and we reiterate how important it is to go to the toilet when he feels something coming.

There will also be times, in the playschool, where he’ll have gone for a small poo and not even realise it – it only becomes apparent when the play leaders bring him.

I’m currently thinking he knows he’s had the beginnings of a small poo accident and doesn’t want us to know so he thinks the best thing to do is just to stay quiet.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Advertisement