Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Sport on Sky

Options
  • 05-11-2019 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi there - Wondering if anyone else is having the same issue. We renewed our Eir Sport on Sky and paid outright for the year (approx. 200euro) and a couple of weeks later Eir Sport 2 was removed. I've sent a couple of messages on Twitter about it but totally ignored - now over the last number of weeks when ever there is an Irish rugby game due to be shown on Eir Sport 1, it conveniently has no signal - even though all other Sky stations are fully functioning. Eir have been ignoring any of my messages and I've reached out to Sky - but wanted to see if anyone is having a similar issue with Eir. Its crazy that we were able to renew and then they removed one of the main channels and they wouldnt let us out of the contract.

Any help much appreciated!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,875 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

brennra wrote: »
    Hi there - Wondering if anyone else is having the same issue. We renewed our Eir Sport on Sky and paid outright for the year (approx. 200euro) and a couple of weeks later Eir Sport 2 was removed. I've sent a couple of messages on Twitter about it but totally ignored - now over the last number of weeks when ever there is an Irish rugby game due to be shown on Eir Sport 1, it conveniently has no signal - even though all other Sky stations are fully functioning. Eir have been ignoring any of my messages and I've reached out to Sky - but wanted to see if anyone is having a similar issue with Eir. Its crazy that we were able to renew and then they removed one of the main channels and they wouldnt let us out of the contract.

Eir Sport 2 was removed and replaced with Virgin Sport. It'll be on the app, and you can (I think) cast it.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭brennra

dulpit wrote: »
    Eir Sport 2 was removed and replaced with Virgin Sport. It'll be on the app, and you can (I think) cast it.

We cant get the app because were sky customers and not eir customers (we just have the sports package) - we tried it before and were told by eir we cant get access to the app.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

The only thing given that Eir and Virgin are in a legal disagreement already about Virgin channels being carried on eir's new Apple TV setup they might fall out again and eir sport 2 might return.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I’ve had no problem watching eir Sport 1 on Sky during Pro 14 games Maybe check your set up etc and see that everything is in order.

Eir Sport 2 is completely gone from Sky, removed to make way for VM Sport. That’s not just something you are experiencing - it happened to everyone who accesses eir Sport via Sky. Most games involving Irish teams have been on eir Sport 1 except where there are simultaneous kick offs or certain games mainly involving Connacht that have been exclusively on TG4. Its particularly infuriating for those who also take Sky and BT Sport because there is literally nothing on VM Sport that’s not also on Sky or BT, so it’s annoying to miss out on eir Sport content but thankfully the channel has mostly been used for overspill. (For what it’s worth this may come to some sort of head in February when it’s realised that satellite customers including the all important pub market will only get one game at a time in the Allianz Leagues - eir have been known to show up to three at the same time)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Perhaps Rte will be taking a game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

brennra wrote: »

Eir sports 1 has a low signal strength and the dish needs to be finely tuned - if ur on a sky contract u might get a cheap reallignment if u complain

Advertisement