Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Is there a play store on the Samsung tv to get the app or how do you install it?

There's an 'app store' on the tv - you just download it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Is it a simple matter of just signing in on a new device or do you have to log out of another?

Really not sure how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Anyone know how to remove something from recently watched?

Is family guy on this in other locations? It isn’t remotely suitable for children.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Anyone know how to remove something from recently watched?

Is family guy on this in other locations? It isn’t remotely suitable for children.

Don't think you can, set up different profiles for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Flicked on LG TV and it came up straight away saying app was available to download

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    Don't think you can, set up different profiles for everyone

There is a way to do it according to google but it doesn’t seem to apply to the devices I have

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

So both my tvs are too old (2015) and my android box (2017) is the same. I was going to get a firestick but they're 60 euro in curry's and I wouldn't order anything from UK at the moment with their lock down.
    Not to be I suppose :-(

DisneyPlus has a live chat support option.

Very busy at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Is there a way to cast from phone to SkyQ box? I bought the yearly pass from Disney last night but I can't cast to SkyQ box

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bojill wrote: »
    So both my tvs are too old (2015) and my android box (2017) is the same. I was going to get a firestick but they're 60 euro in curry's and I wouldn't order anything from UK at the moment with their lock down.
    Not to be I suppose :-(

You could get a chromecast? Aren't they cheaper?

Also, why can't you get the firestick from Amazon for £39.99.

They're still working as normal.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    You could get a chromecast? Aren't they cheaper?

Also, why can't you get the firestick from Amazon for £39.99.

They're still working as normal.

They won't post firedtick to Ireland.
    I don't want to have to cast from a 2nd device.
    To be honest, I've just looked at the full line up and realised it doesn't have much to interest me past star wars stuff.
    I probably got caught up in the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

They won't post firedtick to Ireland.
    I don't want to have to cast from a 2nd device.
    To be honest, I've just looked at the full line up and realised it doesn't have much to interest me past star wars stuff.
    I probably got caught up in the hype.

Who won’t ? I’ve two that Amazon posted. Also available in Harvey Norman etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭brevity

brevity wrote: »
    Anyone with a Philips smart tv able to get the App?

Edit. I think its SAPHI App store but i cant find it.

So I contact Philips on Twitter and they said the following:
    Unfortunately, I have to tell you that the Disney+ app isn't available on SAPHI Smart TV's and we don't know if or when it will be.

However, in the meantime you can cast your screen from a smartphone or computer to your TV by using Miracast. Through this way you can still watch movies/series from the Disney+ app. Keep in mind that both devices need to be connected with the same network.

Quite disappointing. Will try and pick up a Roku I guess. The SAPHI OS isn't great anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    Is there a way to cast from phone to SkyQ box? I bought the yearly pass from Disney last night but I can't cast to SkyQ box

why do you want to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

peteeeed wrote: »
    why do you want to do that?

Easier to browse on phone then just cast to tv. YouTube has this option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

brevity wrote: »
    So I contact Philips on Twitter and they said the following:

Quite disappointing. Will try and pick up a Roku I guess. The SAPHI OS isn't great anyways.

Samsung lads Samsung

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Curry's are closing down today for anyone looking for a Firestick

ted1 wrote: »
    Who won’t ? I’ve two that Amazon posted. Also available in Harvey Norman etc

Amazon won't.
    Harvey Norman showed nothing on their website when I was looking.

The main page says the first two episode of Clone Wars Final Season are available but all I get is the trailer.

It had the blurb for an episode but not the episode

Also does anyone know why they don’t have the other seasons or Resistance?

Someone have those rights?

EDIT: okay the full series of Clone Wars is on the app but apparently you can’t access a series from the banner in the main page. Which I assume is a glitch of some sort.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Amazon won't.
    Harvey Norman showed nothing on their website when I was looking.

Just sign up for parcel motel or address pal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »

Sky Q has Disney+ App just open app on Sky Q it's in apps section and using your Disney+ Username and Password

No need to cast to Sky Q as it has the app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Are you guys getting HD ?

My connection is okay and Netflix & Prime Video are fine but I’m getting DisneyPlus at DVD quality.

I know Disney said they’d be reducing quality but I thought the meant dropping the 4K.

Might just be teething issues on launch day? If you have a VPN try turning it off. If you're using mobile internet, it might be detecting that and limiting the quality. Check to see if there are any quality settings like Netflix.

I haven't tried it on a TV yet, but it worked fine on my phone last night and was definitely a HD (>480p) stream. It took a few mins of watching to kick in, but there was a perceptible increase in clarity.

Also the 25% decrease does not necessarily mean no 4K. I don't have a 4K TV but, Netflix have multiple bitrate tiers for 1080p, with the top level only kicking in when bandwidth allows. I assume Disney+ will have the same and the highest bitrate for each resolution will simply be blocked.

Simi wrote: »
    Might just be teething issues on launch day? If you have a VPN try turning it off. If you're using mobile internet, it might be detecting that and limiting the quality. Check to see if there are any quality settings like Netflix.

I haven't tried it on a TV yet, but it worked fine on my phone last night and was definitely a HD (>480p) stream. It took a few mins of watching to kick in, but there was a perceptible increase in clarity.

Also the 25% decrease does not necessarily mean no 4K. I don't have a 4K TV but, Netflix have multiple bitrate tiers for 1080p, with the top level only kicking in when bandwidth allows. I assume Disney+ will have the same and the highest bitrate for each resolution will simply be blocked.

The only video quality settings I can find are for downloads - same as Netflix.

I guess I got melodramatic about it thinking they were chopping the quality so much - didn’t stop to think through that it was nonsense thought.

Because my android box had some IPTV black magic done to it, Disney + won't work on it. Maybe there's some APK wizardry which can be done, but Google Play Store doesn't even show D+ in their search results.

I had to dust off the XB1 last night, do the fúckin half hour update, to then find out that parts of Xbox Live were down due to some issues.

It's fixed now though, and as of this morning Disney + is working very well on XB1 in our doomsday shelter. No kids here, but my OH is in her element. I'll be putting on Who Framed Roger Rabbit later on to start my journey. Mighty Ducks will also be getting a blast soon.

I laughed and scoffed at the thoughts of Disney + for months when I heard about it, as well as scowl at Disney's desire to collect and hoard all the media in the world, but I have to say...€60 for the year for all of this...the Mouse got me on a hook.

Then when you consider that I have 3 other members of my...eh, family chipping in on the cost, it's a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Samsung lads Samsung

LG for me, no problems with app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

murpho999 wrote: »
    LG for me, no problems with app.

My dad has an LG but a 2016 one which isn't supported. I wanted my younger bro to be able use my account. My dad isn't tech savvy at all, what's the easiest solution here? Fire stick? I may wait until they're on offer again...

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Blud

Went to throw on a Disney Junior series for my daughter while working from home this morning, and got annoyed.

At the end of each 3 minute episode, the app shows a full minute and a half of credits and then goes back to the main screen where I need to select the next episode.

Contrast with Netflix where the credits are skipped and the next episode is just rolled into.

Any fix for this? I can't see anything in settings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Blud wrote: »
    Went to throw on a Disney Junior series for my daughter while working from home this morning, and got annoyed.

At the end of each 3 minute episode, the app shows a full minute and a half of credits and then goes back to the main screen where I need to select the next episode.

Contrast with Netflix where the credits are skipped and the next episode is just rolled into.

Any fix for this? I can't see anything in settings etc.

Yes, you need to select edit profiles and then make sure Autoplay is turned on under the profile settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I wish it would let you browse to see if it's worth getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Won’t let me down load the app my Panasonic tv. Ah well

Advertisement