Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I wish it would let you browse to see if it's worth getting.

There's a post a few pages back with a list of all 1100 things on it listed

(can't link on mobile)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The list of content has been posted 2 or 3 times on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 54,322 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Any reason why the the Mandalorian only has 2 episodes?

Is it a restriction on the trial version?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Headshot wrote: »

New episode each week same as it was with other countries Disney+ Launch

The Mandalorian episode 1: Tuesday, March 24
    The Mandalorian episode 2: Tuesday, March 24
    The Mandalorian episode 3: Friday, March 27
    The Mandalorian episode 4: Friday, April 3
    The Mandalorian episode 5: Friday, April 10
    The Mandalorian episode 6: Friday, April 17
    The Mandalorian episode 7: Friday, April 24
    The Mandalorian episode 8 (season finale): Friday, May 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

As much content that is on it, It really is as good as I was expecting after spending the day mostly browsing to see what is there. Saying that there is enough to keep young kids happy and entertained over the coming weeks for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

I know people are seting up 'families' here but are there any restrictions on users accessing content using 4 different devices on different IP addresses? Will that be monitored?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You can have four different IP addresses. If only allowed one then you couldn't watch it on a moblie device or take it on holidays. Not only can you have different ip addresses but they can be from different countries too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

7 day trial period perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I've just been sent a 7 day trial period.. I'll have a look..but tbh...I have the marvel series on Blu-ray... I've already seen Mando.... Pixar movies I could act out now ...so maybe national geographic might be worth the look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Fann Linn wrote: »
    7 day trial period perhaps.

Have to add payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Have to add payment.

Or read the lists posted in this thread

First Fail. Kids all get excited and sat down to watch frozen 2.
    Not available till 17th July. But shows up in thumb nails

My dad has an LG but a 2016 one which isn't supported. I wanted my younger bro to be able use my account. My dad isn't tech savvy at all, what's the easiest solution here? Fire stick? I may wait until they're on offer again...

Does he have Sky?

Headshot wrote: »

Because Disney either don't care, or are tonedeaf to the reality of the situation, IMO. This show has been out and available on the high seas for a good 4 months by now. There can't be many Star Wars fans in the UK and Ireland who have faithfully waited this long to watch The Mandalorian on D+, and are now going to watch it weekly according to Disney's schedule.

Sure there will be casual or new fans in the D+ subscribers who will watch those first 2 episodes and tune in from then on, but IMO Disney should have put up all 8 episodes for launch today.

They are offering a 7 Day free trial: https://www.disneyplus.com/
    Of course that free trial only went up today, after the €59.99 offer expired.

ted1 wrote:
    First Fail. Kids all get excited and sat down to watch frozen 2. Not available till 17th July. But shows up in thumb nails

It's on disney US right now if you have VPN or smart DNS. Many VPN companies offer a 7 day trial. Or you can wait for July

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Is it just Sky Q boxes that have the Disney+ app integrated? I have it but my sister can’t find it on her box - think hers is a HD one... i dunno...

They have a Samsung TV but not sure how old... Maybe 3yrs max... Do Samsung have the app avail to download?

Because Disney either don't care, or are tonedeaf to the reality of the situation, IMO. This show has been out and available on the high seas for a good 4 months by now. There can't be many Star Wars fans in the UK and Ireland who have faithfully waited this long to watch The Mandalorian on D+, and are now going to watch it weekly according to Disney's schedule.

Sure there will be casual or new fans in the D+ subscribers who will watch those first 2 episodes and tune in from then on, but IMO Disney should have put up all 8 episodes for launch today.

They are offering a 7 Day free trial: https://www.disneyplus.com/
    Of course that free trial only went up today, after the €59.99 offer expired.

I prefer weekly shows. Binge watching some shows removes the anticipation and enjoyment. Looking foreword to watching The Mandalorian weekly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

So my LG TV does support the app - first frustration, and then I follows its recommendation to use another streaming device option and try my chrome cast - IT DOESNT WORK WITH CRHOMECAST!?! Ffs...

HiGlo wrote:
    Is it just Sky Q boxes that have the Disney+ app integrated? I have it but my sister can’t find it on her box - think hers is a HD one... i dunno...

Only sky Q. You are better off not using it through sky Q because they can't broadcast in as good quality. Sky Q does not have HDR. One of the biggest selling points about the Disney Plus is that a large selection of the movies are in HDR

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    I prefer weekly shows. Binge watching some shows removes the anticipation and enjoyment. Looking foreword to watching The Mandalorian weekly

I agree in general with shows, but just feel differently about The Mandalorian considering the cat is out of the bag this 4 months.

The online discussion and fandom around shows like Lost, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones as each episode aired, that was a big part of the enjoyment of those shows and their successful runs. Binge watching does not lend itself to that at all, as not all viewers are watching the same episode within 24-48 hours of airing. With the weekly airings, there's far more time and space to let events breath, and really get into discussion and theories.

Anyway, I've gone wildly off topic now. Cheers for chiming in with your own views.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I used be a serial downloader of media, whether it's TV as it airs in America, movies as they find their way online or newly released albums. With all the modern streaming platforms now available and the amount of content out there I've pretty much stopped entirely. I always said I would too.

Big Star Wars fan but have waited for this. I'm sure there is a very large portion of the general public who isn't going out of their way to get their hands on media before it comes available.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I used be a serial downloader of media, whether it's TV as it airs in America, movies as they find their way online or newly released albums. With all the modern streaming platforms now available and the amount of content out there I've pretty much stopped entirely. I always said I would too.

Big Star Wars fan but have waited for this. I'm sure there is a very large portion of the general public who isn't going out of their way to get their hands on media before it comes available.

Same mostly. If it’s available to me within reason then I’ll get it legitimately and am subscribed to near all of them at this stage. The only show left that I still download hooky is Billions as I’m not allowed put a dish on the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭Jofspring

So my LG TV does support the app - first frustration, and then I follows its recommendation to use another streaming device option and try my chrome cast - IT DOESNT WORK WITH CRHOMECAST!?! Ffs...

It should work with a Chromecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Any sign of Panasonic adding this to their smart TVs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

I downloaded it and signed up for the free trial. Not much on it for me that I can't get from "other sources". I will stick to Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Getting past everybodies technical difficulties and the 'I'm better than everybody because I have a VPN' posts, it was really nice to open the app today with my 2 year old Son and introduce him to all of these classics from my childhood and further. It's grand streaming online and using put locker and the likes, but it's a better feeling having it all there and being surprised by what you see. Day One, worth the sixty quid already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

There is SO MUCH stuff on this. I don't really know where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Love the content on this so far.
    I watched a lot of the Pixar shorts.
    I love gravity falls as well!
    Retro wise I love the xmen cartoon too.

Seems a bit odd only putting up the first two mandalorian eps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Will you get in trouble for letting someone outside your house use your account details?

Advertisement