Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

Dodge wrote: »
    Just pointing out that they didn’t say at any stage this stuff would be included.

I don’t believe they said it wouldn’t either.

There’s a lot of stuff to wade through. But it would have been great to have the *entire* Disney owned catalogue to choose from.

Fox had some classic disaster movies from back in the 60s to the 80s.

E en Disney product itself is quite sparse beyond the 90s apart from the classics.

They could easily have made it all available.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Anyone getting a crazy amount of input delay in the episode menus? Im using native app on an LG and literally when i push to navigate left/right/up/down its sometimes a delay of up to a minute. I find it only happens when I get into an episode menu but is fine at the main home page

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Anyone getting a crazy amount of input delay in the episode menus? Im using native app on an LG and literally when i push to navigate left/right/up/down its sometimes a delay of up to a minute. I find it only happens when I get into an episode menu but is fine at the main home page

No, working fine for me on the native app on the LG TV.

Initial playing of the episode does take some time to get started, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yes I have had that issue too, also on LG TV, very frustrating.

You would expect that all of these issues would have been resolved when you consider it launched a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes I have had that issue too, also on LG TV, very frustrating.

You would expect that all of these issues would have been resolved when you consider it launched a few months ago.

Also having the same problems on my LG. Working fine on firestick

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    No, working fine for me on the native app on the LG TV.
    Same here. I've got quite a new model, maybe you do too?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Ha ye same I keep thinking my remote is broken. Good to know it's not just me I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

So my LG TV does support the app - first frustration, and then I follows its recommendation to use another streaming device option and try my chrome cast - IT DOESNT WORK WITH CRHOMECAST!?! Ffs...

Really?

It was casting absolutely fine for me last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭brevity

brevity wrote: »
    Anyone with a Philips smart tv able to get the App?

Edit. I think its SAPHI App store but i cant find it.
    brevity wrote: »
    So I contact Philips on Twitter and they said the following:

Quite disappointing. Will try and pick up a Roku I guess. The SAPHI OS isn't great anyways.

Update on this.

Contacted Disney and they aren't aware of anything to do with SAPHI OS but I was told to check back in a couple of weeks. I also checked on Twitter and a few others have tweeted at Disney and Philips complaining about the lack of an App.

With everything else that's going on this is very low priority so I can't imagine getting an app out is top priority for Disney and or Philips.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Man a lot of the old animated shows like Ducktales, X-Men and Darkwing Duck have their episodes out of order or are missing episodes, Phineas and Ferb is out of order as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I find it funny everyone is "OMG I can rewatch this, I can finally see this in years" and I'm like wtf, I got that boxset 12 years ago for €20 or whatever, are people that stingy? OMG the old X-Men show, remember that? Yes I bought the 5 seasons on DVD 2 years ago for a tenner in Heatons.

Everything that Disney+ has I have on BluRay or a box set, I'm a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭Jofspring

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I find it funny everyone is "OMG I can rewatch this, I can finally see this in years" and I'm like wtf, I got that boxset 12 years ago for €20 or whatever, are people that stingy? OMG the old X-Men show, remember that? Yes I bought the 5 seasons on DVD 2 years ago for a tenner in Heatons.

Most people probably haven't watched a dvd in years.

Pay for Disney plus. Watch what you want and if nothing decent comes on stream by the end of the year then cancel it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

Haven't used DVD's in 10 years myself. Downloaded stuff I wanted. Totally forgot about the X-Men until I saw it was on Disney+. Another reason for me to sign up. :) Loving it so far.

Watched Honey, I Shrunk the Kids earlier. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Good for you.

For me, I don't buy any physical media.

I don't want discs and cases around the house.

I haven't bought a DVD in about 10 years and I completely skipped Blu-Ray as I thought its days were numbered and digital was the future.

To have almost the full Disney catalogue at your fingertips is quite a step forward imho.
    Last night I watch the first Mickey Mouse cartoon. "Steamboat Willie" which is now 92 years old. I don't want to have it on DVD or "own" it so it was just great to be able to stream it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Do you want a medal or something?

I have a massive collection of movies stored on my personal servers, but this is great for my kids especially as now they have all of it on demand and an even larger selection of movies and shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

You do in your Swiss...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Comic-Book-Guy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

You do in your Swiss...

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Wtf is a D...V...D..? 😅😅

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Xenji wrote: »
    Man a lot of the old animated shows like Ducktales, X-Men and Darkwing Duck have their episodes out of order or are missing episodes, Phineas and Ferb is out of order as well.

This is really annoying - the original Ducktales has the first episode listed as 37 on Disney+

Presumably it is the same in US

• Advertisement

I don't have DVD's it's all Hard drives now that go right to plex. But you knew what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

What's your problem?

Okay everyone, nobody is allowed to be excited about this unless you're a true fan and already have all its content on DVD/Blu-Ray.

Weird flex, pal, but okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Apologies if this has been asked but if you take the 7 day trial and download a movie, once the trial period is over I assume you can no longer access it? Or even login?

What's your problem?

Okay everyone, nobody is allowed to be excited about this unless you're a true fan and already have all its content on DVD/Blu-Ray.

Weird flex, pal, but okay.

Did I say it was a problem? NO! So many ejits here, I'm entitled to find it amusing. If I'm a fan of something I'd have it on my HD, it's like all these other people that can finally watch the Simpsons, that's easy to find. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Theres so many films I remember seeing as a kid that I didn't know had sequels

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Theres so many films I remember seeing as a kid that I didn't know had sequels

Nearly every single Disney cartoon movie had a sequel or two and I never knew or seen them. Lion King, Pocahontas, Aladdin...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Did I say it was a problem? NO! So many ejits here, I'm entitled to find it amusing. If I'm a fan of something I'd have it on my HD, it's like all these other people that can finally watch the Simpsons, that's easy to find. :pac:

Well done you, you're able to steal content. would you like a prize?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

Isn't pretty much everyone making up the families on Boards and using a VPN doing the same thing braking T's and C's is pretty ,much stealing as well from those who actually pay the full price.

Who mentioned stealing? You buy boxsets off iTunes/Amazon and download them to your computer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

None of that was ever going to be on it. They’ve been fairly clear on what type of stuff would be included. Just the family friendly stuff...

I didn't remember the heroin storyline in Three Men & A Baby :D That's the first thing I watched.

I also watched Coco (Highly recommend) on ps4, definitely wasn't streaming in 4k.

Advertisement