Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mumm_ra

I signed up and have had nothing but problems - no app for Sony or sharp tv. App not compatible with android box so that left 1 tv in the house that could get it. App downloads on this Android tv but only some voices come through (known issue all over reddit) so unwatchable

The choice looks great especially for kids during this time but the service is absolute crap and have just cancelled. I can find all this stuff elsewhere with fairly minimum effort (a lot less effort than trying to get Disney plus working)

A really poor delivery from disney

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Real shame it’s not working for you

Absolutely no issues here at all. Enjoy the content so far

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Mumm_ra wrote: »
    I signed up and have had nothing but problems - no app for Sony or sharp tv. App not compatible with android box so that left 1 tv in the house that could get it. App downloads on this Android tv but only some voices come through (known issue all over reddit) so unwatchable

The choice looks great especially for kids during this time but the service is absolute crap and have just cancelled. I can find all this stuff elsewhere with fairly minimum effort (a lot less effort than trying to get Disney plus working)

A really poor delivery from disney

Aren't all those issues you highlighted issues with your set up though, not their fault for most of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

As has been mentioned here, my LG telly is very laggy in navigation, and freezes for a few seconds at times, shame because I like the look of the interface. Good news is I haven't had any issues playing content, and the HDR is fantastic quality. Enjoying it a lot so far.

Hopefully they'll issue a fix for the LG TVs.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Am using it through the Sky box and have to say it's running perfectly and we're all loving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

My daughter signed up to disney +, and like myself her TV wasn't recent enough to download the app.
    She has screen mirroring, so I linked her mobile to the TV and the grandkids were delighted.
    However, as soon as she presses play on any of the titles the TV screen goes black and you can just hear voices but no picture.
    To the tech minded out there:
    Is there any solution to this?
    Would she have the same issue with a chromecast?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Bojill wrote: »
    My daughter signed up to disney +, and like myself her TV wasn't recent enough to download the app.
    She has screen mirroring, so I linked her mobile to the TV and the grandkids were delighted.
    However, as soon as she presses play on any of the titles the TV screen goes black and you can just hear voices but no picture.
    To the tech minded out there:
    Is there any solution to this?
    Would she have the same issue with a chromecast?
    Thanks in advance.

If it's any help, just in reply to your very last question, I can confirm chromecast has worked well with disney + on three televisions in my house. With both 1st and 2nd gen chromecast.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

And further to that we’ve used chrome cast with iPhone and android phones and tablets. No issue with any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm using chromecast too with zero issues. It's a lot easier to trust that an android or iPhone app will work with a chromecast as opposed to being reliant on your TV manufacturers stand alone app.

You're better off using Chromecast than screen mirroring anyway, screen mirroring is a poor alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

Hurrache wrote: »
    You're better off using Chromecast than screen mirroring anyway, screen mirroring is a poor alternative.

Well mirroring didn't do the job at all.
    Thanks folks.I think she's going to order a chromecast or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Using the Nvidia Shield and I have not had one issue so far this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,323 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Xenji wrote: »
    Using the Nvidia Shield and I have not had one issue so far this week.

What do you think of the video quality on the Shield?

(Presume you have the 4K version of the shield?)

Headshot wrote: »
    What do you think of the video quality on the Shield?

(Presume you have the 4K version of the shield?)

HDR is not great with anything that is on it, but it was a well reported issue after the first rollout of the service and has yet to be fixed, it's not to do with the shield it's the content itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Are people having issues on a variety of devices? I was getting issues on the upstairs tv through the sky q mini box. I'd notice a flick of half a screen every few mins.

Changed to the Shield on the same tv and no issues. No issues on any other devices (other shield, kids tablets, my tablet, phone, 2 pcs, main sky Q box) so just the sky box

HDR is not great with anything that is on it, but it was a well reported issue after the first rollout of the service and has yet to be fixed, it's not to do with the shield it's the content itself.

Dunno, HDR looks amazing on an Xbox One, better than Netflix's HDR on the TV anyway.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Dunno, HDR looks amazing on an Xbox One, better than Netflix's HDR on the TV anyway.

Watch the Mandalorian on a regular 1080p TV and then watch it on a 4k one, it actually looks far better on the 1080p one.

The original trilogy though is meant to look amazing, people are saying the Plus version is the best version now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Watch the Mandalorian on a regular 1080p TV and then watch it on a 4k one, it actually looks far better on the 1080p one.

The original trilogy though is meant to look amazing, people are saying the Plus version is the best version now.

They said they dropped the bandwidth to avoid congestion by at least 25%, so I'd say the 4k got hit harder than the HD.

The 1080 looks worse too than it did originally, looks more compressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I completely disagree, I watch all of Mando in 4K HDR and it was stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I've watched about 4 movies in 4K so far on an Oled LG and the picture quality was superb. I've noticed the volume is a lot lower than Netflix though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    I've watched about 4 movies in 4K so far on an Oled LG and the picture quality was superb. I've noticed the volume is a lot lower than Netflix though?

Yeah I've noticed that about the volume on my tablet and ps4

Seems quite low

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I use the firestick, and no issues. Picture and sound top class

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Would anyone know how many users you can have on your account? Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

guapos wrote: »
    Would anyone know how many users you can have on your account? Thanks

4 screens can be used at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Or if enquiring about profiles then

"Create up to 7 profiles
    Set up multiple profiles with one subscription to give everyone a unique viewing experience"

It's all down to local hardware setups though, it's virtually impossible to compare unless everyone is on the same set up. HDR looks better on mine, particularly noticeable with the new Alladin movie, it looks great. Different TVs handle and process 4k, HD and HDR all differently.

When watching Netflix I'm not bothered with HDR, I'm happy enough to watch it via the app on Sky, the HDR picture can look worse, like you experience with the Mandalorian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭kerplun k

The opening theme for Miles of Tomorrowland is bangin.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Varik wrote: »
    They said they dropped the bandwidth to avoid congestion by at least 25%, so I'd say the 4k got hit harder than the HD.

The 1080 looks worse too than it did originally, looks more compressed.

How many epsidoes of this are available to watch now? I can only get 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

How many epsidoes of this are available to watch now? I can only get 3

Episode 4 will be available on Friday April 3rd

New episode each week same as it was with other countries Disney+ Launch

The Mandalorian episode 1: Tuesday, March 24
    The Mandalorian episode 2: Tuesday, March 24
    The Mandalorian episode 3: Friday, March 27
    The Mandalorian episode 4: Friday, April 3
    The Mandalorian episode 5: Friday, April 10
    The Mandalorian episode 6: Friday, April 17
    The Mandalorian episode 7: Friday, April 24
    The Mandalorian episode 8 (season finale): Friday, May 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

sentient_6 wrote: »
    He's saying he has no cast icon at all. As in he can't cast in any quality whatsoever. Zero quality. Because he can't cast! Same as myself.

Anyone know why this is the case? I read here and there people are getting it to work with Chromecast. I have the original Chromecast, is that why it's not working for me and a few others?

Advertisement