Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ooh thats for the reminder to cancel. Free trial up tomorrow.

The Mandalorian staggered release is nonsense from Disney. Staggering episodes that were released 4 months ago is just asking for piracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Surely if you were going to pirate them you'd have pirated them four months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Surely if you were going to pirate them you'd have pirated them four months ago?

When people finish the third episode and the 4th isn't available yet on Disney+ but is via a torrent that takes 3 minutes to download........

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Buttros

I was a little annoyed when I heard it was weekly but now I dont mind the weekly drop of the episodes. Something to look forward to at the weekend. Not as if I have any sport to watch. Great show so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Anyone know if Handy Manny will be added?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is the movie selection limitless?? or just from the Disney studio ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

fryup wrote: »
    is the movie selection limitless?? or just from the Disney studio ?

Disney, Pixar, marvel, star wars and national geographic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Very disappointed about The Simpsons content or more like the lack of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

mikeym wrote: »

Everything bar the current season is on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

And a few outliers from elsewhere, While You Were Sleeping, the Ice Age Films, and other Fox Studio films like the X-men and Wolverine.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Anyone else getting a message that their payment method has failed?
    Signed up to the yearly subscription with my usual card.
    Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭micks_address

Lot of fox content as well since Disney bought Fox.. xmen series etc

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lack of it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Having problems with D+. Nothing will play all day. Logged in ok. Movie selected and it starts to load but then nothing. I was asked to confirm activation earlier which I did. I switched off and on wifi but no difference. Any suggestions? Netflix is working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Anyone else getting a message that their payment method has failed?
    Signed up to the yearly subscription with my usual card.
    Strange.

I get a message that its about to expire. My card is out next January so I'd imagine computer just sees that the card is out before next payment is due and doesnt take in to account that the next payment is a year away . They should really set it to just remind you when its in to the final month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

If I subscribe using Google Play can I also watch it on an iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

If someone signs up in another country, can you log into their account here? Or would a VPN be needed?

My buddy in NYC was able to login into my account (free trial version) and we're gonna get a joint account.
    But might be safer buying mine here.

- He wanted to buy it there with some ESPN package.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

If someone signs up in another country, can you log into their account here? Or would a VPN be needed?

My buddy in NYC was able to login into my account (free trial version) and we're gonna get a joint account.
    But might be safer buying mine here.

- He wanted to buy it there with some ESPN package.

Should be fine. My sister lives in the UK and she bought it but i'm able to watch in Ireland with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

The Sky Q app is atrocious. Lots of random errors during playback, random crashes and random logouts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

What is everyone's general take on Disney+ after the first week or so? I've used it a couple of times and the kids certainly have used it - there is quite a few things I'd start watching for a few mins for nostaglia. Some of the national geographic stuff is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Using it mostly through firestick. The little one loves it and the huge variety of content. It does black out quite often - the screen will just go black but sound will remain. Easy fix to just come out of the show and then resume it, still annoying though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Brian017 wrote: »
    The Sky Q app is atrocious. Lots of random errors during playback, random crashes and random logouts

I have not had any issues with Sky Q Disney + App
    Streams fine no crashing or buffering issues and not had any logouts
    Been using it every day since March 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

No issues on sky Q here , in fact for me it’s probably the more stable of the devices I am watching it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Brian017 wrote: »

It's easily the most stable device for me, continuous use since launch as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭Jofspring

What is everyone's general take on Disney+ after the first week or so? I've used it a couple of times and the kids certainly have used it - there is quite a few things I'd start watching for a few mins for nostaglia. Some of the national geographic stuff is very good

Some very good stuff on it and brilliant for kids. The big thing for Disney will be sustaining additional quality material at a decent pace. If by the end of the first year there isn't much new stuff on it I'd imagine a lot will start to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

It's been working perfectly for me with my LG smart tv. The only issue I've found is the low sound.... so when you go from Disney + to Netflix the volume is blasting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Jofspring wrote: »
    Some very good stuff on it and brilliant for kids. The big thing for Disney will be sustaining additional quality material at a decent pace. If by the end of the first year there isn't much new stuff on it I'd imagine a lot will start to cancel.

A lot of kids will endless rewatch quality movies and shows so that might now be as big an issue as it would for older audiences

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

All grand kids give it 10/10.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Some good stuff but the content is way to limited.

Probably keep it for a month or two and get rid.

Advertisement