Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

paulboland wrote: »
    I have not had any issues with Sky Q Disney + App
    Streams fine no crashing or buffering issues and not had any logouts
    Been using it every day since March 24th
    harr wrote: »
    No issues on sky Q here , in fact for me it’s probably the more stable of the devices I am watching it on.

Seems to be just mine so.. it’s been a complete disaster for me. Luckily the ATV app is a lot more stable for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

A lot of kids will endless rewatch quality movies and shows so that might now be as big an issue as it would for older audiences

I endlessly watch Tangled, Moana and Zootopia so I'm set. Plus Phineas and Ferb.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

ill keep it purely because of the movies are timeless and we will watch over and over and the planned tv releases are interesting

however the staggered release of the Mandalorian is stupid with piracy been so rife if people are willing to pay for the product just ****ing give it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so for me to get disney+ i need to download it on to my smart tv and pay and away i go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

fryup wrote: »
    so for me to get disney+ i need to download it on to my smart tv and pay and away i go ?

Yep, they should be still doing a free 7 day trial

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

however the staggered release of the Mandalorian is stupid with piracy been so rife if people are willing to pay for the product just ****ing give it to them.

They are doing it because people *are* willing to pay for the product, and they don’t want those only interested in the Mandalorian to sign up, binge watch and cancel before seven days are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I am so insanely disappointed that it only has the 1st season of Ducktales. I logged on this morning to see if the new season 3 episodes would be added or if I'd have to wait until tomorrow. Only to discover that it doesn't even have season 2! That's nonsense! Anticipation of new Ducktales episodes was one of the few highlights left in my life!!!!!!

If you haven't watched the Ducktales reboot it really is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I take it that the 4K/UHD streams are not available in the same way Netflix have recently throttled their service?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'm using chromecast too with zero issues. It's a lot easier to trust that an android or iPhone app will work with a chromecast as opposed to being reliant on your TV manufacturers stand alone app.

I can't get Chromecast to work. No casting option appears on the app, and it's appearing for all other apps. it's one of the very first Chromecast models.

Nalz wrote: »
    I can't get Chromecast to work. No casting option appears on the app, and it's appearing for all other apps. it's one of the very first Chromecast models.

And your phone is on WiFi not data? (only ask because I did this myself before)

Chromecast symbol is there for mine (android), on 1st and 2nd gen.

• Advertisement

I take it that the 4K/UHD streams are not available in the same way Netflix have recently throttled their service?

Nope mine is running in glorious 4K no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

And your phone is on WiFi not data? (only ask because I did this myself before)

Chromecast symbol is there for mine (android), on 1st and 2nd gen.

Yep on WiFi. Netflix, YouTube etc all casting fine

Nalz wrote: »
    Yep on WiFi. Netflix, YouTube etc all casting fine

Odd then, working fine on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The new movie adaptation of Artemis Fowl is to launch on Disney+ this year. The cinema run of the film has been cancelled.

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/disney-cancels-artemis-fowl-theatrical-run-in-lieu-of-disney-launch/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭corks finest

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭corks finest

Correct, mando is 4K and super

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Nope mine is running in glorious 4K no problem

Hmmm, not for me. Using a 4K Firestick.

Hmmm, not for me. Using a 4K Firestick.

Could be your settings, maybe try a different player on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I got my first error trying to cast a movie last night but just reconnected instantly and all was fine again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Netflix are cheeky fookers.

Cut back on the quality of service yet charge the same money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Well in fairness they were asked to cut back for a little while to ease the pressure on bandwidth. They could have as easily said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

Haven’t noticed any degradation in any streaming services. Tv still reporting signals in 4K HDR.

Any other checks I could make to see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

OU812 wrote: »
    Haven’t noticed any degradation in any streaming services. Tv still reporting signals in 4K HDR.

Any other checks I could make to see?

It will still be 4k HDR just a lower bitrate

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

iguana wrote: »
    I am so insanely disappointed that it only has the 1st season of Ducktales. I logged on this morning to see if the new season 3 episodes would be added or if I'd have to wait until tomorrow. Only to discover that it doesn't even have season 2! That's nonsense! Anticipation of new Ducktales episodes was one of the few highlights left in my life!!!!!!

If you haven't watched the Ducktales reboot it really is excellent.

Season 3 isn't on Disney+ in the US either.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

For those who had the lag issue with the LG TV app, I've just got an update on my TV for the app and it seems to have fixed the problem.

murpho999 wrote: »
    For those who had the lag issue with the LG TV app, I've just got an update on my TV for the app an dit seems to have fixed the problem.

Yeah it's a massive improvement, extremely usable and not freezing at all on browsing for me now. Probably how it should have been from the start! but it didn't take them long to fix the problem. Now, if they could fix the aspect ratio on The Simpsons.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I believe they'll be fixing that by the end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 chromazone

Hello all,

Could anyone confirm if Disney + works with the Amazon Fire stick in the Republic?
    I am using a JVC TV and it doesn't have the app available yet so I would like to buy a firestick to get this going, but would like to confirm first.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

chromazone wrote: »
    Hello all,

Could anyone confirm if Disney + works with the Amazon Fire stick in the Republic?
    I am using a JVC TV and it doesn't have the app available yet so I would like to buy a firestick to get this going, but would like to confirm first.

Thanks in advance.

Yes it does, currently have it installed on 3 firesticks throughout the house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

chromazone wrote: »
    Hello all,

Thanks in advance.

Be sure and get the newer 4K firestick

Advertisement