Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

What’s the story with Sky Cinema showing half of what’s on Disney+. You’d think Disney would take all the rights off them. Nearly pointless paying for both.

They also don't really have the Disney+ app integrated into SkyQ the way Netflix is (eg native search). I reckon give it a few months, existing rights deals will wash through and you'll see Disney+ totally integrated into your Sky bill and SkyQ experience. Netflix is actually a pretty good deal when folded into the On Demand part of Sky and I expect Disney+ will go the same way.

Sky are cleverly becoming the pipe through which the content flows rather than having the content to begin with.

(And if you feel like you'd need to sue someone for the lack of HDR on a Sky box, the subscription still allows you to use the Netflix app natively on devices like smart TVs and get the fuller experience... Phew).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Watched a good one last night with kids. Togo.

V Good

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pepelephew

V Good

Another nice one. Iron Will

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

https://twitter.com/AllisonPregler/status/1249616330220847106

Gotta protect the children.
    Saw someone else say the sex scene (or whatever you want to call that scene) was cut from Avatar as well.

And I thought the no nudity version of Showgirls was weird

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

The TV version of ‘Adventures in Babysitting’ (and old 80s favourite of mine) is there too. They’re upfront about it being modified in fairness. One **** to fudge and a few assholes to something else

Not Disney but my favourite one of these was from 48 hours when the line ‘all dressed up and no one to blow’ about a hooker was changed to ‘all dressed up and no one to date’ when on certain TV channels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Re: Nat Geo - Can anyone tell me is the series The Hot Zone available ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

fryup wrote: »
    Re: Nat Geo - Can anyone tell me is the series The Hot Zone available ??

I can't find it anyway.

Dodge wrote: »
    The TV version of ‘Adventures in Babysitting’ (and old 80s favourite of mine) is there too. They’re upfront about it being modified in fairness. One **** to fudge and a few assholes to something else

Rewatched that recently and was actually surprised it wasn't really a kids movie. If they remove all mentions of the photo shoot, they would cut a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I adored Adventures in Babysitting back in the day. One of my faves of my childhood. Does it hold up for viewing today?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I adored Adventures in Babysitting back in the day. One of my faves of my childhood. Does it hold up for viewing today?

It’s pretty dated but still a fun nostalgic watch IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

pepelephew wrote: »
    Another nice one. Iron Will

Watched it too. Good fun and escapism.

Going to give Natty Gaan a watch this evening.

A really young John Cusack in it. 1985.

I still liked it. I like a good "stuck in the wrong part of town" film like this and Judgment Night.

There was a Disney remake a couple years ago with Sabrina Carpenter though haven't watched it. It's also available on Disney +. I would assume it's a lot more lighthearted

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

V Good

Its 91% on rotten tomatoes

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm really enjoying The World According to Jeff Goldblum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I'm really enjoying The World According to Jeff Goldblum.

I binged watched it...he's absolutely brilliant...there are a few subjects..and you know he couldn't give a monkeys about them... but still it's brilliant TV....his outfits would put many a Harlem pimp to shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

They could release 600 hours of Jeff Goldblum just sitting in front of a camera talking to himself and it would instantly be the greatest thing ever made. The man is just a joy to watch.

the Rise of Skywalker will be released next week on dvd...i presume it'll be available on disney+ as well??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

the Rise of Skywalker will be released next week on dvd...i presume it'll be available on disney+ as well??

Probably not
    Frozen 2 would be your metrestick in that regard

so how long are we saying 2 months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

It’s going on sale on iTunes (USA) on May 4th from $4.99 (probably SD with no extras).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

It will be 4 to 6 months before you will see Rise of Skywalker on Disney+ (Likely will be sometime between August to December)

Disney have Digital and Physical Media versions available to purchase only at the moment for Rise of Skywalker

You can purchase online streaming editions to rent or buy if you dont want to get one of the physical media UHD/Blu-ray/DVD releases.

Digital edition has an exclusive extra that is not on physical disc releases

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Is, marvels runaways season 3 due to air on Disney?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Artemis Fowl June 12th

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It's already available on Google Play movies and Amazon Prime Video etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

It seems Disney have censored a few movies and cartoons.

Daryl Hannah’s ass in Splash is apparently offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Does the Amazon fire stick work in Ireland? Tried googling and it seems to say it doesn’t but all the articles are from last year. I read a few people on here are using it to stream Disney+ which is what I need it for as Disney+ is not available as an app on my tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Yeah, works fine. Got Disney+ set up on it no problems.

Redo91 wrote: »
    Does the Amazon fire stick work in Ireland? Tried googling and it seems to say it doesn’t but all the articles are from last year. I read a few people on here are using it to stream Disney+ which is what I need it for as Disney+ is not available as an app on my tv.

really? what TV have you got?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Yeah, works fine. Got Disney+ set up on it no problems.

Great stuff! Found it for £40 on amazon. Don’t think it’s the 4K one but don’t need that anyhow. Read a review that says you need an Amazon prime subscription to use it. Is that true? Currently have Amazon Prime Video for the year through Eir but probably won’t renew once that’s up so don’t want the Fire Stick to be redundant then.

Advertisement