Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

fryup wrote: »
    really? what TV have you got?

It’s a Panasonic. Old enough Smart TV. Only really has the Netflix App. Stream Amazon Prime through the PS3 but Disney+ is only on the PS4 unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Redo91 wrote: »
    Great stuff! Found it for £40 on amazon. Don’t think it’s the 4K one but don’t need that anyhow. Read a review that says you need an Amazon prime subscription to use it. Is that true? Currently have Amazon Prime Video for the year through Eir but probably won’t renew once that’s up so don’t want the Fire Stick to be redundant then.

No, a standard Amazon account will do to set it up and use. I don't have prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

It seems Disney have censored a few movies and cartoons.

Daryl Hannah’s ass in Splash is apparently offensive.

I watched 3 men and a baby last week lots of swearing mild mind you plus it has a heroin subplot in the middle didn't seem censored but some of the Simpsons episodes have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I watched 3 men and a baby last week lots of swearing mild mind you plus it has a heroin subplot in the middle didn't seem censored but some of the Simpsons episodes have been.

Yes I was going to mention that in my post but got called away.

Three Men and a Baby is NOT suitable for Disney+ at all and yet.....:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Is, marvels runaways season 3 due to air on Disney?

Only just finished on Syfy, so you may see it in due course depending on whether they have a repeat window first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

App is now up and running in my now TV box so no longer reliant on the chrome cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Anyone having problems playing the Simpsons ? Most normal episodes are fine but when I go into the collections tab it won’t let me select one. It’s the same on all devices. Trying to play the “ the Simpson’s predict” collection .

I can play episodes within that collection without any issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is this a kissing book?

My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

Good night, Westley. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning

Inconceivable!

As you wish...

The Princess Bride arrives on May 1st.

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1252281001125883905?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Rise of Skywalker will be added on May the 4th

Don’t know how to embed tweets!

https://twitter.com/DisneyPlusUK/status/1254758445430919169

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Is this a kissing book?

My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!

Good night, Westley. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning

Inconceivable!

As you wish...

The Princess Bride arrives on May 1st.

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1252281001125883905?s=20

Is that just the US? Can’t see it

I don't see it here on the uk either.

Is that just the US? Can’t see it
    S.M.B. wrote: »
    I don't see it here on the uk either.

It is being added at 5pm on the West Coast of America which is Midnight here.

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1256299212058161152?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Still not there - must just be US? That’s frustrating

Looks like starz has the streaming rights to it right now in the uk. I actually might sign up for the 7 day free trial via amazon as there are a few things I want to watch on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is starz not one of amazons premium channels

Yeah, it's starz UK offering which can be got delivered via prime video or directly.

Searching on prime brought it up. Can sign up later and confirm.

https://www.starz.com/gb/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Varik wrote: »

Starz is owned by Lionsgate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

Very disappointing then that Disney don't make it clear what films and shows are not available in certain regions when they put up Twitter posts like the above advertising films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

Varik wrote: »

It is one of the pay channels on the Amazon platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Where is Flight of the Navigator - had a sudden nostalgia craving, but nowhere to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Very disappointing then that Disney don't make it clear what films and shows are not available in certain regions when they put up Twitter posts like the above advertising films.

There’s a separate Disney+ UK account that covers us @disneyplusuk

Started following the UK twitter account and they just announced the recording of Hamilton on Broadway that Disney purchased the rights to for serious $ not so long ago is coming to the platform in July. What a lovely surprise, Hamilton is fantastic so I'm curious to see how the original compares to the UK version.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Patser wrote: »
    Where is Flight of the Navigator - had a sudden nostalgia craving, but nowhere to be seen.

It’s on the syfy channel almost every week, it’s a running joke in my house how often it’s on.

Hamilton the musical with the original stage cast arrives a year earlier than expected on July 3rd.

https://twitter.com/DisneyPlusUK/status/1260185123657408515?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Anyone having trouble streaming in 4k?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Anyone having trouble streaming in 4k?

I did actually, took me f**king ages to figure out what was wrong, reset the shield, updated, side loaded, the whole shebag, then realised that the TV wasn't 4K that the other TV was :o:o:o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

1 of my all time favourite movies, growing up near the Cliffs of Insanity does connect you to that movie :P

I've being looking forward to watching this with my kids since they were born but I think they might be a bit young yet, ooooh the pressure to watch it with them but having them to have to love it like I do....... I think I'll leave it a few years.

As a side note, Mrs. Clareman has never seen Star Wars, I mean never seen any of any of the movies, few years back when it came out on BluRay I made a big effort to get her to watch it, decided on the best order to watch them, sat down, turned on A New Hope and she kept looking at her phone, complained about the scroll at the start and missed the whole point of the ship being boarded at the start, I turned off the movie and stormed out saying "well if you're not going to watch it properly you can't watch it", not my proudest adult moment :o:o:o:o

Clareman wrote: »
    1 of my all time favourite movies, growing up near the Cliffs of Insanity does connect you to that movie :P

I've being looking forward to watching this with my kids since they were born but I think they might be a bit young yet, ooooh the pressure to watch it with them but having them to have to love it like I do....... I think I'll leave it a few years.

As a side note, Mrs. Clareman has never seen Star Wars, I mean never seen any of any of the movies, few years back when it came out on BluRay I made a big effort to get her to watch it, decided on the best order to watch them, sat down, turned on A New Hope and she kept looking at her phone, complained about the scroll at the start and missed the whole point of the ship being boarded at the start, I turned off the movie and stormed out saying "well if you're not going to watch it properly you can't watch it", not my proudest adult moment :o:o:o:o

Hold on... you are still with her after she did that?

• Advertisement

In the US, UK and other countries the Disney+ app (as well as others like Prime) is linked to Apple’s TV app so that the various shows and movie you watch are all on the one Up Next.

We don’t get that option here (unless there is something I am missing and I assume it a legal issue and not that Apple, Disney, etc could be bothered.

There is probably no way to actually know this with without bracing in management at Apple but does anyone have a guess as to when we might get this option?

Advertisement